Monday, May 20, 2024

Last Minute Trip to Utah

Like I said in a previous post, I made a last minute trip out to Utah. I am not going to post too much about why I went out there until I get permission from my friend. While I was in Utah I was also able to spend time with Luke, Andie, Porter, and Kenna.

I flew out of Midway Airport on Thursday, May 16th. I had a long travel day ahead of me, so I grabbed some Garrett Popcorn before boarding the plane.


After I landed, I caught the Green Line train to North Temple. From there I jumped on the FrontRunner and headed south to Provo. I got in around 4:00 PM, so Luke was able to pick me up from the train station.

[I've missed these mountains]

For dinner we went to In-n-Out! Family and food?! Not much beats that!



On Friday morning I went to a funeral for a child. The service was beautiful, but unbelievably heartbreaking.


Over the weekend we went to Ambrosial Bakery to get some gluten free treats!


We also went on a hike to see the Escalante Cross. It wasn't very long, but it was steep. I ended up throwing up, which reminds me that I need to take altitude meds when I travel. 








We made it! 


Andie and I surfed down the hill! It was quite an adventure!


After our hike we headed over to the Spanish Oaks Reservoir. The water was a little low, but that just gave us more beach area.




Andie's brother, Rick, and his wife, Cambria, met us there. They brought their paddle board, but I didn't go on it because my balance is horrible. The water was just a bit too cold to take the risk of falling in 😬

Thanks Rick and Cambria for coming! It was fun to catch up!

[Porter, Andie, and Kenna]

[Luke and Andie]

[Kenna and Porter]


[Porter, Rick, and Cambria]

[Trip to Target!]

We found Blue Milk, but unfortunately it isn't gluten free.


Porter's birthday is on May 24th and my birthday card for him showed up while I was there. Happy birthday Porter!


On Monday, May 20th I went to breakfast with Luke and Kenna at TRUreligion Pancake and Steakhouse. Everything was delicious!

After breakfast they took me to the airport.


It's always good to spend time with family! Thanks for hanging out with me this weekend! I'll see you in October 🙂

No comments: