Monday, August 20, 2012

30 Before 30

I always have a hard time on my birthday. I use it as a day to beat myself up by evaluating my life.

I got really sad this year. I only had one person call me (thanks Emily!) and I actually used the phrase “I’m 27 and I’ve accomplished NOTHING!”… I’m sure the 7-hour-long drive home and being stressed out of my mind didn’t help the situation either…

So I’m going to make a list. 30 things I want to do before I’m 30.

Here we go!

(1) Accept a marriage proposal   DONE 08.2013
(2) Move to another state   DONE 09.2012
(3) Do a Triathlon
(4) Have a sushi night at home  DONE 06.2013
(5) Take a dance class    PLANNING - HONEYMOON 11.2015
(6) Pay for someone’s meal behind me in a drive through    DONE 02.2015
(7) Read “The Count of Monte Cristo”    DONE 03.2015
(8) See the Northern Lights
(9) Apply to Grad School (again)   DONE 04.2013
(10) Do a “doors off” helicopter ride in Hawaii   DONE 06.2013
(11) Relearn how to play the piano
(12) Go on a vacation with my girlfriends   DONE 10.2014
(13) Start learning Spanish    DONE 08.2015
(14) Have a spa day    DONE 05.2014
(15) Go to a continent that I haven’t been to before (South America, Australia, or Antarctica)    PLANNING - HONEYMOON 11.2015
(16) Read “Les Miserables”   DONE 07.2013
(17) See “O” in Las Vegas    DONE 10.2014
(18) Get rid of my snowboard and boots    DONE - (AFTER 30TH) 10.2015
(19) Go to a National Park that I haven’t been to before   DONE 05.2013
(20) Make new friends   DONE 09.2012
(21) See the Gettysburg Battlefield
(22) Learn more about finances and investing   DONE 07.2013
(23) See another Broadway show
(24) Dress up and go to a 5 Star Restaurant    DONE - (AFTER 30TH) 10.2015
(25) See another one of the newly appointed 7 Wonders of the World (Taj Mahal, Christ the Redeemer, Great Wall of China, Machu Picchu, or Petra) or one of the 13 finalists (Alhambra, Angkor Wat, Kiyomizu-dera, Moai, Neuschwanstein, Red Square, Sydney Opera House, or Timbuktu)    PLANNING - HONEYMOON 11.2015
(26) Visit my family in Omaha   DONE 11.2012
(27) Bungee jump or skydive
(28) See the Cahokia Mounds    DONE - (AFTER 30TH) 10.2015
(29) Tailgate and see a game at Lambeau Field  DONE 12.2012
(30) Forgive and love    

I’m hoping that if I finish this list then I won’t be so depressed on my 30th birthday.

*Deep breath*

**UPDATE: The ones in red I was not able to complete before my 30th birthday so I added them to my 40 Before 40 List. The ones in yellow I have not done yet but I will be doing them by the end of 2015 so I will not be adding them to my 40 Before 40 List.**

9 comments:

Abby said...

I will admit I took thirty pretty hard. I remember telling Jeff I was a useless baby maker. Don't be sad you have had LOTS of adventures.

I hope you get to conquer your list. Next time you are in OC all us girl cousin should do a Burke Williams Spa day!!

Brandon and Bethany said...

I love this list! I hope you do everything and 100 more awesome things.

Lauren Jayne said...

Thirty does seem kind of scary, 27 has been pretty good to me so far! I support you visiting family in Omaha, it's a great city!

Aubrey said...

Awww I would have called you! Hats one thing I admire my dad, when he became bishop he decided to call every ward member on their birthday no matter what. I've seen him do it on vacation, when he was in the hospital, anywhere. I wish I would do this. I love your list, makes me want to make my own list, thanks for inspiring.love you court!

Allison said...

Can't wait to see pics of you doing all these awesome things! :)

Unknown said...

This list is awesome! And if it makes you feel better, I always think, "man, Courtney does cool stuff..."

If you do Gettysburg you can totally stay with us! We live a little over an hour from it, which is kind of annoying. It's always been one of my favorite places on earth, though! I love battlefields.

Northern Lights are on my list too, must be aaaamazing

Emily and Kenny said...

Look how many things you have to look forward to! And just thought you should know that I look to you as an example of how to accomplish things in life! You've done so much! You're awesome Court! Glad to see that many of these things on the list could possibly include your lovely friend Emily ;)... anytime you want to go on a spontaneous trip... call me... I'll be the first to join in on some fun!

Emily and Kenny said...

Look how many things you have to look forward to! And just thought you should know that I look to you as an example of how to accomplish things in life! You've done so much! You're awesome Court! Glad to see that many of these things on the list could possibly include your lovely friend Emily ;)... anytime you want to go on a spontaneous trip... call me... I'll be the first to join in on some fun!

Haylee said...

I'm sorry you didn't have a great birthday. But I'm excited about your list! I made a 30 list, but yours is WAY more impressive!! Good job, and good luck getting them done! That is pretty intense!