This week was a little chaotic!
⭐️ It was Nurse Stephanie's last week, so she trained Nurse Patti at our house on Monday and Tuesday. We are really going to miss Nurse Stephanie. Theo just loved her and he got so excited every time she came over!
⭐️ Theo's bloodwork and EKG came back good so his doctor increased his meds
⭐️ The last of our BeatBo's (aka BeBo) ran out of batteries and even after I replaced them he refused to turn on. Since he was one of Theo's BFF I will put him on the shelf and not toss him. We still love you BeBo!
⭐️ Josh got a new camera for our trip to Africa!
⭐️ Theo had lessons at The Legacy Ranch
⭐️ The Little Lobbyists are launching a chapter in Illinois! We are very excited to have them here! Join our Facebook group!
⭐️ I went to a Special Education Parent Advisory Council (SEPAC) meeting at the school. It was nice to talk to parents who are just starting the IEP journey. I have a lot of knowledge that I am more than happy to share!
⭐️ We went to the hospital for a check up with the ENT and GI. Theo's ear has been leaking for the past few weeks due to his post nasal drip. He still has a tube in his right ear. The ENT prescribed drops and said his ear should clear up in the next week.
I talked to Theo's dietitian, Jeannine, and she would really like for him to get more formula. Theo has been loosing weight over the last year and we feel like he needs more calories so his brain can continue to develop and he can continue to get stronger. The GI disagrees and thinks that kids in wheelchairs need to be in the 50th percentile. I don't think that stunting Theo's growth is the right answer. We have ceiling lifts and an elevator and a wheelchair accessible ramp. Theo doesn't need to stay small.
After we saw the ENT and GI Specialist we went to find the only changing table in the entire hospital. These FIXED HEIGHT, CHILD SIZED changing tables are such a pain.
⭐️ Speaking of changing tables, Governor Pritzker signed our bill!
This law doesn't impact current buildings, so there is still a lot of work to do. But it's a step in the right direction! Hopefully we will see more HEIGHT ADJUSTABLE, ADULT-SIZED changing tables around the whole state soon!
⭐️ Theo tuned nine this weekend! How crazy is that?! To celebrate we went to the local Farmers Market where Josh found these really awesome snow boots. I guess he thinks he will be going back to Alaska for work this winter ☃️
Theo got me a birthday card. He's such a sweet boy!
⭐️Josh has been working and golfing a lot. I am glad that he is still enjoying both 😁
⭐️ I did a little photo shoot with Theo for his birthday! He is so handsome! Happy birthday sweet boy!























No comments:
Post a Comment