Sunday, April 21, 2024

Back to Life after Iceland Vacation

Tuesday, April 16th:

Josh got up early and headed to work. We are both happy that work is starting up again, but it sucks it had to be the morning after we get home from vacation! 

I knew I would be tired, so my mom got up with Theo and got him ready for school. Surprisingly, I didn't sleep in too much, so I was able to take Theo out to the bus and catch up with his bus driver and aid. I also love seeing Theo's classmates! They are so stinkin cute! 


I spent the day doing laundry, catching up on some household items, and hanging out with my parents. After school we went to get Theo and took him to PT/OT and then to see Sherman. My parents were very excited to see Theo ride Sherman.


Theo did great! I think he was showing off!



Theo had 14 observable seizures today including one that was 94 seconds long and one that was 60 seconds long.

Wednesday, April 17th:

Josh was up early and gone before the rest of us woke up. I got Theo ready for school and then took him out to the bus.

He had a great day at school! After rode the bus home and then took a nap.

[Awwww Theo and his new favorite bedtime toy]

After his nap Ms. Jen came over and Ms. Jeannine Zoomed in for therapy.

Theo had five observable seizures today.

Thursday, April 18th:

After Theo went to school my parents packed up and headed back to Ohio. We are so happy they were able to come out and watch Theo for us. They said the new bathroom worked great for them and Theo! That's so great to hear since it was expensive!

[Papa and Theo]

[Papa, Theo, and Grandma]




After my parents left I headed to the allergist to get my shots. The trees have bloomed in the last week and I can't miss another week of shots. I can tell this allergy season is going to be rough!

I saw these cool egg carton clouds on my drive home. They were really spooky!



Ms. Jess said that Theo had a great day at school and she sent me this picture of him washing his spoons! Nice job Theo!


After school I took Theo to OT. He was very excited to see Ms. Laura and to go on the swing with Ms. Jill. 

Theo's school speech therapist was able to get another trail for his eye gaze device and this time he gets to bring it home! After OT I set it up and asked Theo if he needed anything. He said he wanted a snack. I asked him if he was sure and he made the sign for "yes." 


I told him I would go get him some "stars" and while I was in the pantry he said, "hurry up!" Oh child! We REALLY need to work on your patience! 🤣🤣


After about 30 minutes Theo said he wanted to rest and watch TV. It was exactly 6:30 PM and that's when Wheel of Fortune comes on. Can he tell time?!


I was very impressed with Theo and how comfortable he is using the eye gaze device. I hope we get approved for one we can use in the home long term.

Theo had eight observable seizures today.

Friday, April 19th:

After Theo got on the bus I headed to see my family doctor for a yearly check up. She checked the bump in my mouth and wrote up a referral for an ENT. She said that insurance companies won't pay for yearly paps anymore and they will only cover them every THREE years. That's ridiculous! But with my history she said that they can appeal and I can come back in a couple months for an exam. It blows my mind that insurance companies don't want to cover preventative exams. 

The NBA Playoffs are set and my Lakers are going up against Denver again. This is going to be a rough round.



After school I took Theo to PT. 

He had nine observable seizures today including one that was 85 seconds and one that was 68 seconds long.

Weekend:

Josh will be working six days a week for the foreseeable future. I am so grateful that he was able to have time off and be here when the bathroom was being remodeled, but our bank account has been moving in the wrong direction for a few months. It'll be good to get the savings account replenished! Thanks Josh for working so hard for our little family! We love all you do for us!

Theo lost his first tooth! Josh noticed it missing on Sunday, but we aren't sure when he lost it. Ms. Jess said it was there on Friday at school. So, it probably fell out in his sleep either Friday or Saturday night. I definitely didn't see any blood in his bed and I can't find the tooth. Maybe he swallowed it 🤷‍♀️



I ordered these two books for book club. The last ones we read were really good, so I'm excited to dive into these ones:


No comments: