Friday, April 5, 2024

Final Countdown to Iceland

This last week was a busy one! Theo was getting over his cold, we had the final bathroom inspection, and we had to pack for 10 days in Iceland!

Monday, April 1st:

It was Theo's last day of Spring Break which gave us the chance to continue his 4 times a day respiratory therapy.

Theo likes to lean really far over to the left while he is in his chair. He does it to be silly and he'll go back to midline if I ask him to be super strong. It's better for him to be at midline (especially since we are worried about his hips and spine being out of alignment), so I attached a book to his headrest to block him. It worked!


That afternoon Josh took Theo to OT at Thrive, while I stayed home and worked on packing.

Tuesday, April 2nd:

Theo went back to school today! YAY! He was so happy when the bus showed up!

After he got on the bus I went and ran some errands while Josh stayed home and waited for the final bathroom inspector to show up.


Theo had a fine day at school. He was still tired and had two short naps. We decided to cancel PT, but still went and saw Sherman at the Legacy Ranch.



Theo had seven observable seizures today.

Wednesday, April 3rd:

Theo was still pretty tired, but he wanted to go to school to see his friends 🙂

While he was at school I went and got my eyelashes done and then I went grocery shopping for my parents. While I was out and about, All Glass came over and installed the glass panels. They look great and we are officially DONE with the bathroom renovation! Just in time for my parents to arrive!



After school Theo took a nap and then we Zoomed with Ms. Jen and Ms. Jeannine.


Theo had four observable seizures today.

Thursday, April 4th:

Theo was pretty much back to normal by the time we sent him off to school. Phew! I really didn't want to leave him while he was sick!

Josh and I had a quick call with Theo's Make-A-Wish coordinator. We are hoping to get an accessibility package which could include ceiling lifts and a stair lift for the basement 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Unfortunately, Theo's OT had to cancel therapy today, so Theo had to take the bus home after school. When Ms. Jess told him that he was going home on the bus he started crying. Poor guy! He loves going to therapy!

My parents drove up from Ohio and arrived around dinner time. We were able to go over Theo's schedule and show them how the new shower works.

Theo had five observable seizures today with one lasting 64 seconds.

Friday, April 5th:

My mom got up at the same time as Theo and I so I could show her how to prepare Theo's morning meds. A few things have changed since the last time she took care of him. After we sent him off to school I finished packing and laid out the clothes I will be wearing on our flight.

After school we all took Theo to PT. After we got home Josh and I changed, grabbed our bags, and then my dad drove us to O'Hare for our 7:30 PM flight to Reykjavik.

Theo had three observable seizures today.

Thanks mom and dad for watching Theo so we could go to Iceland! See you in 10 days! 

No comments: