Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Parents Visit, Josh's Birthday, Anniversary Dinner, & Theo's Cast Removal

I after I dropped Katey and Emily off at the airport I headed home to see Theo and Josh. They had a pretty good weekend even though Theo wasn't sleeping very well. Our poor little boy is still hurting.

Today was also Brodee's 11th birthday! We asked for recent pictures, but didn't receive them yet. Enjoy your new baseball equipment! We'll see you in June!

The next day, Monday (May 9th) I hung out with Theo at home while Josh went back to work. 

That night I went and saw Dr Strange and the Multiverse of Madness! It was scary, sad, and awesome! I can't believe I was able to avoid spoilers for FOUR days, but I did! YAY!

Theo had 13 seizures today.

On Tuesday, May 10th,  Theo's OT, Ms. Laura, came to our house for therapy. Theo just adores her and usually works hard when she is around.

We FINALLY got birds in our bird house! We usually have robin's nesting in the area, but this year we got doves! I'm excited to see their babies!


[I went grocery shopping and found some new dairy free foods for Theo to try]

Theo had eight seizures today.

The next morning, May 11th, Theo's PT came over. After she left I went to the kitchen to get Theo's medications ready. When I walked back over to the family room Theo was laying in his FAVORITE spot! He managed to back scoot over there. Good job Theo!



That afternoon we had feeding therapy with Ms. Jen and Ms. Jeannine Zoomed in.

Theo had 13 seizures today and I had to give him his emergency meds because he had three of them within an hour. I am supposed to put the pill under his tongue, but last time I did that it was a little traumatic for Theo (you know, because of the oral aversion). This time I dissolved it in water and put it in through is g-tube. 

The next morning, May 12th, Theo had OT and then we hung out until my parents arrived! 

Theo's preschool has a countdown to the last day of school. Every day they have a different theme. Yesterday was "Dance Day" so we sent in a video of Theo dancing and today was "Wear Your Shades Day!" Theo looks super cool in my aviators!


[Um, yes, LeBron needs to go]

[Dad bird making the nest! Momma was in the bird house and flew away right before I took the picture]

Later that afternoon my parents showed up! They were originally going to come out to help Josh when I was in Chicago last weekend, but I'm glad we had them come out this weekend so I can see them too!

Theo had 12 seizures today.

Friday, May 13th, morning my mom and I headed to the St Elizabeth in Ottawa for my LEEP surgery while the guys stayed home. My doctor told me that I didn't have to go under anesthesia for the surgery if I didn't want to. I told her I probably wouldn't have a ride home from the hospital, since I was thinking it would be too hard for Josh and Theo to come get me, and I would have to just undergo surgery with a local anesthetic. BUT since my parents were going to be in town I just had my mom come with me, so I could go under anesthesia and then she could drive me home afterwards. Surgery is just easier when you are sleeping 👍🏻


The surgery went well and hopefully this time they got all the "bad cells." If they didn't (we'll see at my next Pap smear), they are going to recommend that I have a hysterectomy. You can't get cervical cancer if you don't have a cervix, right?!

Today was "Career Day" and of course Theo wants to be a Jedi when he grows up!



After my mom and I got home from Ottawa, Josh and dad went to Home Depot and bought a bunch of beautiful flowers!


[I love Gerbera daisies] 



[Don't they look AMAZING?!]




[Always wrestling]

Theo had five seizures today.

The following night, May 14th, Josh and I headed to Maple & Ash in Chicago to celebrate his birthday.

[Hair done and Ahsoka jewelry on!]

After being greeted by our waitress, we were presented with drinks and an amuse bouche from the chef. 

[French onion dip, homemade chips, and Kaluga caviar]

We then order the Wagyu Beef Carpaccio. This dish includes king crab, truffles, and Kaluga caviar that you spread on a warm brown butter brioche.


[Such a fun mix of flavors!]

We then ordered an ounce of the M&A Classic Siberian caviar which came with warm blinis, potato chips, chives, egg whites, yolk, and creme fraiche. 


It was another perfect mix of flavors!



Next, came our main course. I got the filet mignon with penta creme blue cheese while Josh got the surf & turf. We also ordered a side of Yukon gold potatoes au gratin. Yes, it was just as delicious as it sounds!


After dinner they brought out a red velvet cake that we had to order ahead of time. 



Happy birthday Josh! I love you so so much!


After dinner we decided to swing by Garretts Popcorn and the Nutella Cafe to get my parents some treats. Thanks for babysitting!

Theo had seven seizures today.

The next day, May 15th (Josh's actual birthday), we headed to REI to look at road bikes. I have a goal of finishing a triathlon before my 40th birthday and in order to do that I need to have a bike. We talked to the nice people at REI, found a bike I liked, and then went outside for a test ride.


[I am just sooooo cool!]

REI is awesome and their bike department is spectacular! After we bought my bike the bike department did a full check up, installed the kickstand and water bottle holder, and helped me pick out a helmet. They also took my shoes and made sure that I purchased the right pedals (which they also installed), so that my click-in shoes would be compatible. Since I am a member (and have been FOREVER) they will continue to service my bike for a small fee and any issues I have in the first year will be covered by their guarantee. 


[What an awful milestone]

[Grandma taking Theo for a walk]

Did you know that May 15th is International Day of Awareness for Vascular Birthmarks?! I didn't! But it's nice to have another day to celebrate our special little boy!



[What 'cha doin' in there?!]

[EGGS!]

That night we celebrated Josh's birthday with burgers and a German chocolate cake!


Theo had seven seizures today.

On Monday, May 16th, Theo had PT and I sent Theo's Neurologist a message. I was worried that Theo was still having so many seizures and I wanted them to know. I received a call from the Neurology nurse who informed me that the doctor wanted to increase Theo's meds. Sounds good to me! 

That night Josh and I went to Girl and the Goat in Chicago to celebrate our 8th wedding anniversary! We've been wanting to go to this restaurant since we first arrived in Chicagoland. Reservations go fast, but since our babysitters were in town we were able to make 5:00 PM on a Monday work!


When we arrived the server told us that since this was a tapas restaurant he recommended ordering five things to share. 

We started with the Goat Cheese Board (spiced nuts, pickled raisin relish, biscuit crackers, and goat cheese) and the olive sourdough (whipped feta, cherry tomato relish, and olive sourdough bread). I love goat cheese and feta, so I was very happy with both of these choices!



Next we got the Ora King Salmon Poke (strawberries, avocado, salmon, and chili crunch). I was a little worried about this since I eat poke quite often and it never has strawberries or chili, BUT IT WORKED! The flavors complimented each other so well 😋


Next we got their famous Wood Oven Roasted Pig Face (sunny side egg, tamarind, cilantro, red wine-maple, a pork patty, and potato sticks). The server said to break the egg and mix everything together before eating it. Another amazing dish!


Then we got the Sticky Glazed Pork Shank (spring onion kimchi, strawberry herb chimmi, hoisin, hot mustard, and pork shank). This one was overwhelming, but we tore into the shank, made our tacos, and enjoyed! 


[Look at that big piece of meat!]

For dessert we got the Crunchy Nutty Toasty Choco Mousse (hazelnut praline, balsamic ganache, toasted meringue, mousse, and chocolate crumble). Josh wasn't a huge fan of this, but I was! More for me!


This restaurant was so savory! I left wanting more! We will definitely be back!

Thanks mom and dad for babysitting!

Theo had eight seizures today.

On Tuesday, May 17th, my parents headed back to Ohio. I guess they were tired of not sleeping (Theo has been crying a lot in the night) 😬😬

Thanks for coming to visit and for watching Theo so Josh and I could have a couple date nights! We'll see you next month!

Our washer started acting up... I think it's time for a new one. AND we should remodel our whole mudroom/laundry room too 🙂


Today was "Hawaiian Day!"


Tomorrow is "Switcharoo Day!" where the kids dress like teachers and the teachers dress like kids. Theo is such a cute teacher!


[Josh bought a pot stand and some more flowers]

Theo had seven seizures today.

The next morning, May 18th, Josh, Theo and I headed down to Peoria to see the Orthopedic surgeon so Theo could get his cast cut off! If you couldn't tell, the last five weeks have been hard. Theo has been crying a lot, especially in the night, and we are all ready for this cast to come off!

[Of course, it's nap time and Theo is mad]


Theo actually started laughing while they were cutting off his cast. The vibrations from the saw were tickling him.



[Zen]

Once they got the cast off Theo was upset again. He had sores on his feet that opened up when the dressing was taken off. 


We then took him to the next room to be x-rayed so the doctor could check his hips. He continued to cry and scream and didn't calm down until we got him back in his wheelchair.



[Right foot]

[Left foot]

[Ouch!]

The doctor said his hips look great and to continue with PT and OT as much as we can. We then showed him Theo's blisters and he said that they should heal up quickly with some Neosporin.

We also will need to come back and see him again in 2-3 weeks for another x-ray and check up.

We made the long drive home and then I jumped on a Zoom for Theo's IEP meeting. There were a lot of people on the Zoom including Theo's school therapists, his teacher, the principal, the ESY coordinator, and the coordinator for Kindergarten. It was a great meeting and I am excited to see everyone in person next week at Theo's preschool graduation!

After the IEP meeting Theo had feeding therapy with Ms. Jen. He was really upset and in a lot of pain, so he ended up laying on the floor and playing with Ms. Jen instead of working on food play. Poor little boy. I think his feet are really hurting him.

Later that day I took a few more pictures of his feet. His left foot is bruised on the top and the right one has an open sore on the heel and a smaller sore on the top of his foot. 

[Left foot]

[Right foot - the blister on his heel is open, the yucky looking stuff on the back of his ankle is the glue from surgery (it'll peel off soon)]


I'm shocked, but he was able to bring his legs together really quickly and is very comfortable laying on his side.


We have a wedge that Theo can use for extra support, but he's not a fan.


Theo had eight seizures today.

Thanks again to mom and dad for coming out, watching Theo, and planting our flowers! Date nights are rare around here, so we appreciate you giving us a break!

No comments: