Welcome to my BFF Outlaw Pacific Northwest Trip with Alicia! Over the next seven days we will travel 1600 miles from Seattle to Crater Lake and back up to Seattle via The 101 coastal highway.
Tuesday, September 15th:
Here's a map of what we did during our time in Seattle:
I arrived at SeaTac at 1:05 PM and caught the Sound Transit Link Light Rail to Seattle for $3.00. I wasn't able to check into our hotel without Alicia, so I dropped my bags and headed to Pike Place Market.
[Real great time to go on a road trip 🤦♀️]
I walked around the market until 5:00 PM when it closed. I then headed down to Pier 58. It was a little overcast and cold, so I went shopping!
[I love all the Bigfoot stuff!]
The sun eventually came out, which was very enjoyable.
Ally landed around 4:15 PM, got the rental car, and then came and met me at the Pier. I knew exactly where we should go for dinner:
The Crab Pot!
We started with two cups of clam chowder and then got The Royal, which consisted of "Jumbo Alaskan Bairdi Crab, Dungeness Crab, Snow Crab, Lobster Claws, Head-On Shrimp, Andouille Sausage, Corn on the Cob, and Red Potatoes."
Not only was I reunited with my Outlaw BFF Alicia, but we were on vacation, AND eating crab! Life is good!
After being stuffed with crab we finished off the night with a piece of mud pie 😋
Wednesday, September 16th:
The next day we got up early (yes, a two hour time change is enough to impact you) and headed out into the city.
Alicia drove while I navigated! We are a good team!
We went to the Smith Tower, got some coffee and tea, walked through Occidental and Pioneer Square, and found a cute yarn store.
[Seattle coffee]
[Alicia bought some beautiful yarn at the Yarn Dragon Factory Store]
[Smith Tower]
We then went on a 2.5 hour walking tour of Pike Place Market with Savor Food Tours. We learned a ton of history about the market (starting at the beginning) and we ate a lot of delicious food.
[Main entrance]
First stop was the Doughnut Company where we each had two warm doughnuts. They were sweet, light, and fluffy.
Next, we went to the Pike Place Fish Co stand where we learned about some of the local fish.
Gotta see them throw the fish!
[Rachel the Piggy Bank]
Under the "Farmers Market" sign is a mural honoring the Japanese farmers who were taken away and thrown into internment camps. At that time Japanese immigrants made up 75% of the farmers. Read more here.
We walked over to Frank's where we had the BEST pears, peaches, and other fruit that I've ever had! We made a note to come back later for more!
[Art]
Next, we got an assortment of treats from Chukar Cherries and then we made our way to Pike Place Chowder to get some of the best chowder I've ever had. According to our tour guide, the line is always huge and it is worth it!
We then went next door to get a sample of Rachel's Ginger Beer. It was ginger beer mixed with lemonade and it was very refreshing!
[We love food!]
Next, we walked through the market so see some of the artists. We were shocked with how cheap the flowers are! $10-20 for these gorgeous flower bouquets!
[I love ball dahilas! I tried to grow them in my pots this year, but they were uncooperative]
We went up to the top of the market where we got a great view of the Olympic Mountains to the west and beautiful Mt Rainier to our southwest!
We ended the food tour with a fish taco from Mr. Fish (no picture because I ate it too quickly) and gelato at Hellenika Cultured Creamery (London Fog flavor). We parted ways with our amazing tour guide and headed to the Space Needle.












































No comments:
Post a Comment