Wednesday, September 16, 2026

BFF Outlaw Pacific Northwest Trip - Part II: Seattle, WA

After our food tour we headed to the most famous site in all of Seattle: The Space Needle.



We quickly made our way to the top and I was shocked at how much we could see. We had a clear view of The Olympic Mountains, Mt Baker, Glacier Peak, and Mt Rainier (which looked like it was floating - and it could have been, since, you know, aliens 👽)





[Floating Mt Rainier]




After enjoying the view, we went to the Chihuly Garden and Glass museum. And it was amazing!

I saw the first sculpture and I was blown away! 


As we continued through the museum I started to think that this all looked very familiar. I was sure I hadn't been here before, but I couldn't figure out why it was so familiar.









And then I saw these bowls and I knew! The Bellagio! This is the same artist that designed the ceiling in the main lobby of the Bellagio in Vegas!






Here is Chihuly with the ceiling in the Bellagio (not my picture):


The exhibit continued outside in the garden. 








The museum even had a glass blowing demostration! 


After admiring the glass sculptures we walked over to the Museum of Pop Culture. There were some really cool pieces in there, but we were not too impressed.


We decided it was time to head to the Half-Giant Hut (where we will be staying for the next two nights), but we had to swing by the Pike Public Market one more time. We picked up some more ginger beer, cider, and a bunch of fruit. 


We said goodbye to Seattle and headed south on The 5 towards our next destination. Stay tuned for the magic!

[Lumen Field]

No comments: