Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Employment Status: Check One Please

I have very mixed feelings when it comes to being unemployed. Sometimes I think about how nice it is. I can do what I want, went I want. I have no one to answer to. I can run off to Europe at a minutes notice. I can read and write or watch TV all day. I can take online classes ...

BUT

On the flip side I get frustrated. I like structure. I like to have things planned out. I like to have order and control. I like to contribute. I like to feel like I matter.

That being said, this is what I've been doing (and other random stuff too):

(1) I work out. I go to the gym 6 days a week. I lift weights, walk on the treadmill (I hate to run), go on the Elliptical, and Spin. Then I go home and do either Yoga, Piyo, stand on my Bosu Ball or Insanity.


[I usually end up icing my knees a few times a day]


(2) I have been looking for a good natural deodorant for a long time. I don't like antiperspirants and it seems like that is all they sell at the store. I saw Piper Wai on Shark Tank (See? Watching TV pays off, right?!) and thought I would try it out. So far it works great and smells good :-)


(3) Snow! Where is Spring?!


(4) Meal Planning. Every Sunday I sit down and plan out what we are going to have for dinner during the week based on meals that we like (~15 choices). I then make a grocery list based off of my meal plan. I find that this helps me with my WW and we don't waste as much food.


(5) This election is getting out of control. I love this:


(6) I do the finances. I started tracking our spending back when we were living in North Dakota and I had us on a tight budget. I like seeing where our money goes every month. I am crazy and I know Josh gets annoyed when I call him and ask him about a specific charge, but he knows it's for the best.


(7) I sit in my chair and watch TV. I have three years worth of Gotham and House of Cards to catch up on!


(8) Spring arrived! We had tornado watches and warnings (there was a touch down just south of us) so we did a little work on the Raptor and stayed glued to the News until it passed.


[Adding sealant so water doesn't get in]

[Such a manly man!]

The storm was a little scary for me. There was a ton of lightning and thunder (Josh loves that crap), but we didn't have any damaging hail or tornados (like they said we would).



So far I have been enjoying my time off :-) And I am looking forward to going to Ohio to visit my family soon!

2 comments:

STef said...

Sounds fun. But I too like to have some structure. I'd like to think that if I was unemployed long enough that I'd find a routine that worked well and kept me moving, but I'm not sure that would really be the case. Glad you made it through the storm in one piece.

Leslie Elaine said...

Sounds nice but it seems like you have structure and a routine :) House of Cards is sooo good!! Season 2 of Daredevil just came out too :)