I have very mixed feelings when it comes to being unemployed. Sometimes I think about how nice it is. I can do what I want, went I want. I have no one to answer to. I can run off to Europe at a minutes notice. I can read and write or watch TV all day. I can take online classes ...
On the flip side I get frustrated. I like structure. I like to have things planned out. I like to have order and control. I like to contribute. I like to feel like I matter.
That being said, this is what I've been doing (and other random stuff too):
(1) I work out. I go to the gym 6 days a week. I lift weights, walk on the treadmill (I hate to run), go on the Elliptical, and Spin. Then I go home and do either Yoga, Piyo, stand on my Bosu Ball or Insanity.
[I usually end up icing my knees a few times a day]
(2) I have been looking for a good natural deodorant for a long time. I don't like antiperspirants and it seems like that is all they sell at the store. I saw Piper Wai on Shark Tank (See? Watching TV pays off, right?!) and thought I would try it out. So far it works great and smells good :-)
(3) Snow! Where is Spring?!
(4) Meal Planning. Every Sunday I sit down and plan out what we are going to have for dinner during the week based on meals that we like (~15 choices). I then make a grocery list based off of my meal plan. I find that this helps me with my WW and we don't waste as much food.
(5) This election is getting out of control. I love this:
(6) I do the finances. I started tracking our spending back when we were living in North Dakota and I had us on a tight budget. I like seeing where our money goes every month. I am crazy and I know Josh gets annoyed when I call him and ask him about a specific charge, but he knows it's for the best.
(7) I sit in my chair and watch TV. I have three years worth of Gotham and House of Cards to catch up on!
(8) Spring arrived! We had tornado watches and warnings (there was a touch down just south of us) so we did a little work on the Raptor and stayed glued to the News until it passed.
[Adding sealant so water doesn't get in]
[Such a manly man!]
The storm was a little scary for me. There was a ton of lightning and thunder (Josh loves that crap), but we didn't have any damaging hail or tornados (like they said we would).
So far I have been enjoying my time off :-) And I am looking forward to going to Ohio to visit my family soon!