Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Theo's First Road Trip

On Monday, October 30th, Theo and I packed up the truck and made the 5.5 hour drive from our home to Cincinnati to see my family.

The road trip went really well! We left right after I fed Theo at 8:00 AM, so I knew I had until noon before he had to eat again. A few days before the trip I went to the store and bought some pre-made formula bottles. That way I could just pull over anywhere and feed him and I wouldn't have to worry about finding warm water. Well, that kinda back fired. At noon I pulled into a Starbucks, got Theo out of the car, found a nice soft couch to sit on, and proceeded to feed Theo. Turns out Theo did not like the formula! He cried and yelled and fought against every ounce. After a few minutes of struggling I took him to the bathroom to change his wet diaper. We then went back to the couch to try again. He didn't enjoy it but he was able to drink a few ounces. I then ordered a hot chocolate and then we got back on the highway. I knew that we were only 90 minutes away, so if he got hungry before his 4:00 feeding we would be at my parents house and have access to my breast milk. 

Other then Theo not liking his lunch, the drive went smoothly. Theo either slept or looked out the back window for the entire ride.

[I love being able to see my baby]


That night Ryan, Missy, Brady, Dane and Cole came over to have dinner and carve pumpkins. 

[Missy and Cole getting to meet Theo for the first time]

[Papa and Dane]

 [Brady]


[Dane]


[Cole] 

[Great job everyone!] 

[It's always hard to get pictures of kids!] 

["Yay! Halloween!"]

The next day (Halloween) the family gathered and my parents neighbors, Kenny and Jami, and their kids came over so everyone could go trick-or-treating together. My parents neighborhood is pretty great! They have a scheduled time for the kids to trick-or-treat. Everyone in the neighborhood goes out between 6 and 8 and it is so much fun!

Theo, mom, dad, and I stayed at home to pass out candy while the older kids ran around the neighborhood. 

Of course, Theo and I dressed up!

[Harry Potter]



[Yoda]


  

[Brady and Theo - our two Harry Potters]

[Easton, Dane, Ashyr, Brady and Theo]

[Easton, Dane, Ashyr, Brady, Theo, Missy and Cole] 




After trick-or-treating we all went over to Jami and Kenny's house for hot soup (made by Missy and Jami) and cornbread (made by dad). It was all delicious!

During the rest of the week Theo, dad, and I went to Bed Bath & Beyond, Ikea, Nothing Bundt Cakes, Eli's BBQ, and to see the house my dad and Kenny flipped. 


We also got to spend a lot of time with Missy and her boys!

[Cole and Theo]


[Dane and Theo]


[Cole LOVED Theo! It was so cute! Cole loves to wave at the baby and pat his belly (gently).]



[Singing "Popcorn Popping" to Theo] 


[Cole wanted to go "Night-Night" with Theo] 


[Grandma and Theo] 

[Papa and Theo]

[Me reading Harry Potter to Brady and Theo]

Before we left to go to my parents house Theo was sleeping in a small bassinet in our room. We were also just a few days away from completing his BBC (baby boot camp)/sleep training. I didn't know how he would do when I put him in the large pack-n-play, but he did great! He slept through the night and only woke up a few times looking for his paci.


[Love baby cuddles]

My mom bought this cute scarecrow and instead of putting it in the ground in the plants outside, she just leaned it against the window by the front door. It kept scaring me whenever I came down the stairs because I thought someone was being creepy and peeking through the window (even though it was facing out).

A few days later a big storm came through the blew the scarecrow over. Instead of picking it back up and placing it outside the window looking out (like it was), my dad made it facing in! When I came down the stairs that morning it freaked me out! Creeper! My dad thought it was funny!

#Papapranks!


Theo and I had so much fun hanging out with my family (thanks mom and dad for hosting us!) and we are so excited to come back at Christmas time with Josh!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

So happy to read in the previous post that Theo's heart and eyes are healthy! Good for you for making that long trip solo with a baby. Looks like it was a fun trip. And hooray for sleeping through the night!!!