Thursday, March 8, 2018

Theo's Seven Months Old

Theo is seven months old! He’s 17 lbs and 28 inches long (tall and skinny). 

It has been a very busy month for us. A brilliant team of doctors successfully plugged Theo’s Vein of Galen aneurysm with 78 feet of hair-thin platinum. Theo was in the PICU for four days while he recovered with the only setback being a platelet transfusion (read the full post here). 

Two weeks after the procedure was done we had a check up with Theo’s Neurosurgeon, Dr. Lin. He is concerned that Theo’s hydrocephalus hasn’t gone down any, so he has requested another fast MRI. He is leaning towards putting in a shunt the help drain the excess CSF.

We had a post-operation check up with Theo's Pediatrician on Tuesday. Since Theo is a little delayed, they sent off his information to get him into Early Interventions. I'm excited to get him started and hopefully he will catch up and start hitting his milestones soon!











[Josh can usually get some good smiles out of Theo while he is getting him ready for bed]







[Theo had to get his blood drawn every day for three days after his surgery so they could check his platelet levels. On his last day they poked him FOUR times. I almost had a heart attack! My poor baby!]

[He still hates tummy time. Can you tell?] 


[Theo got up from his nap while I was still working out. I put him in his chair and he sat there patiently while I finished]


[You can't tell, but he's yelling in this picture] 


[I love to spy on my baby] 









[So close to laughing]

While my parents were in town for Theo's surgery, we started talking about Nutrisystem. Josh and I decided to give it a try so we bought a freezer and ordered our food. We are two weeks in and it's going pretty well! The food isn't too bad and it's nice to not have to cook dinner every night! 



I've been getting back in PIYO. It's a fun exercise that is a combination of pilates and yoga. I love it and I am already getting stronger.

[Working on my V-Sit]

We went out to dinner with some of Josh's co-workers and Theo got hungry while we were there. He was being a pill and this was the only way he would eat!

No comments: