Monday, October 8, 2018

Theo's 14 Months Old

Theo’s 14th month has been a little calmer then the last few. We started the month in the hospital, for his second embolization, and we are ending this month getting ready for another trip to the hospital for his third, and hopefully final, embolization.

During time between hospital stays, we have been keeping busy with therapy and visits to the chiropractor. Theo has started eating better and is very fond of purée prunes, apples, bananas, blackberries, and blueberries (as long as we have Disney music playing and Josh is feeding him).

Theo is working hard at Physical Therapy, but he still does not have proper head control. I have to hold him like he’s a newborn and it makes doing simple things (like running errands) very difficult. Theo is a pro at putting his own paci back in his mouth (he shows off this talent A LOT), he is showing preference with his toys, and laughing more.

I took Theo to the ENT this month. We can not find a reason why Theo won’t roll to his right side or why he won’t put his right ear to the ground, so our therapist recommend getting Theo’s ears examined. The ENT checked Theo’s ears and then studied his most recent MRI. Theo’s auditory nerves looks great and he said that Theo’s inner ears look clear and healthy. He has no explanation as to why Theo won’t roll to his right. So it’s back to the drawing board.

We love you little Theo! I can’t wait to see how much you progress over the next month!

[Completely flipped around in his crib]


[Best laughs for daddy!]



[Helmet hair!]


[We've tried a lot of different foods this month, but Theo is a pretty picky eater. He does NOT like eggs!]


[Getting a little long for the changing table]


[He loves to be on his side]


[Theo has been teething FOREVER and it makes him drool like crazy!]






[Theo's new formula was giving him acid reflux so he was prescribed some medication. But the medication gave him stomach cramps. So, we stopped giving him that formula and put him back on the Toddler Transitions. He is much happier now!]


On September 16th, Josh went to Green Bay to see the Vikings play the Packers. It was an intense game that ended in a TIE! Josh had a great time!









[Tailgating]




























[Theo and I stayed at home and tried to find Josh on the TV]






[I know I need to cut his hair, but I don't want to cut off all the baby curls!]



[Theo practicing holding his head up while sitting on my lap]










[He loves his prunes, but they make quite a mess!]


[I haven't been sleeping well so I got myself a weighted blanket. It's too hot to use right now, but hopefully when it gets cooler it'll be a great comfort.]


[Nutrisystem double prize!]








[Listening to music and having his bedtime bottle]



[My cheeseheads!]










[I like to sit on my bike and have a calm ride while I'm drinking my protein shake or catching up on Marco Polo videos]


[My current weakness!]


[Theo's Vision Therapist let us borrow her light board. Theo loves it!]








[I got my hair cut!]


[Theo showing off his ability to take his Paci out of his mouth and put it back in]





[We went shopping for Theo's Halloween costume. Can you guess what he will be?!]






[Theo LOVES his ball!]







Josh had a rainout day so we went to Boggio's Orchard & Produce, a local pumpkin patch, so we could find some pumpkins, apple cider, and apple cider doughnuts. It was pouring rain when we got there so we just ended up walking through the store and getting some apple cider, local honey, apple cider doughnuts, and a couple of small pumpkins.









Josh and I also went and got our flu and Typhoid shots this month in preparation for our South America trip. The Typhoid one hurt so bad! My arm was sore for days!


No comments: