Friday, April 5, 2019

Missy and Tyson's Wedding

Theo and I left early Wednesday, March 27th, and headed southeast to Ohio. Our drive went smoothly and we only stopped once so I could fed Theo. I decided that a good place to stop would be a Starbucks in Lafayette, Indiana. It was pretty busy so we sat at a small table and I hooked Theo up and started to "gravity feed" him. This drew the attention of the elderly couple at the next table. They started asking questions about Theo and I started telling his story, while crying (it's honestly hard to talk about without getting emotional). They were so kind to us and even said that if we are ever in the neighborhood we can always come to their church if we needed help. I love how kind strangers can be.

After feeding Theo, we got back in the car and continued to my parents house.

We arrived just in time for "Taco Wednesday!" This is where the Brooks (my parents neighbors) and Missy and the boys come over for tacos and (if it's warm outside) s'mores! It was so fun catching up with the Brooks and meeting Tyson! He's so kind and great with the boys. I'm excited for him to be part of the family!

The next morning (March 28th), Missy, Jamie, Kendra, and I all went and got massages at the Woodhouse Spa. I got the 110 minute hot stone with a sinus pressure facial massage. It was heavenly! After our massages we met in our own "Quiet Room" where we chatted before going back to the locker room to get changed.

[Jamie, Missy, Kendra, and me]

After our massages, we walked up the street to the European Cafe (a recommendation from Tyson) where we got gyros. They were HUGE and delicious! Jamie, Missy, and I then went and got pedicures. It was fine, but not worth the $45. Oh well! I still had a lot of fun hanging out with Missy and her friends!

The next day we hung out at my parents house and then that night we went to Missy's house for dinner. We reunited with the Brisco's and then met most of Tysons immediate family. They were all so kind! We had Qdoba for dinner and Nothing Bundt Cake cupcakes for dessert! Welp, there goes my diet! 

After dinner Brady preformed/sang some songs for us from Greatest Showman. He is so talented and definitely NOT shy!

[Theo in his "big boy chair." Do you like the pool noodle addition?!]

[The boys love to play with Theo!] 


While we were at Missy's house, Josh called to tell me that he was going to drive down that night so he could be at the wedding. Yay! He arrived after midnight, but I'm glad he came to support family!

The next morning we all got ready and headed over to Jeremy's (Tyson's friend) GORGEOUS house for the wedding. 





[Dane, Brady, and Cole with their matching outfits]


[How handsome are they?!]




[Gotta say "hi" to Theo] 

[The many faces of Cole] 



Before the wedding started, Tyson came up to Brady and Dane and asked them to hold the rings. It was SOOO sweet!


Kendra and Jeremy than got up and told some stories about the early parts of Missy and Tyson's relationship. It turns out there were A LOT of people trying to get these two together!




The Bishop then brought Missy and Tyson over to the arch and married them!








YAY! Congrats to the happy couple!








[The Brisco's]

[The Neilson's] 



After the ceremony we were invited to have some cookies, fruit, and small sandwiches to hold us over until the luncheon. One of Tyson's brothers came over and offered to watch Theo for us so that Josh and I could get a snack. Seriously! What an awesome family!

We then all headed to Jeff Ruby's Carlo and Johnny for the luncheon. Josh, Theo, and I sat at a table with my parents, Dane, Brady, and the Brooks. We had salads, steaks, mashed potatoes, and cheesecake. YUM! 

After dinner, Tyson and Missy got up and thanked everyone for coming. Tyson said that no one was being replaced, we were just adding more people to our family. I loved that! Even though we are technically the ex-in-laws, we are still part of the family. Missy has been in the family for 12 years. I consider her my sister and that's not going to change.


We then spent the next few days hanging out at my parents house, playing with the boys, and seeing the house that my dad and Kenny are flipping. The house looks amazing and I'm excited to see it once it's done.

[Theo sharing his iPad with Cole]

["I'm a Keeper!"]


On Tuesday, April 2nd, Theo and I headed home. Thanks mom and dad for hosting us!

Congrats again to Missy and Tyson! Welcome to the family Tyson!

No comments: