Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Lakers vs Bulls Game

Two days after the Tool concert we went back to the United Center to see the Lakers play the Chicago Bulls. Since it was a Tuesday night and our babysitter had school, she couldn't make it to our house until 5:00 PM. I was nervous about missing the 7:00 PM tipoff, so I left early and Josh waited for her to get to the house before driving up.


When I left the house my GPS said it would take 75 minutes to get to the United Center. Yay, rush hour traffic. But as I continued north the time on my GPS started going up and quickly! Turns out there was a shooting on the freeway and they had to completely shut it down to canvas the crime scene! Geeze. Luckily, no one was hurt, but it took forever to get off the freeway, drive up the road, and get back on. It ended up taking me over two hours to get to the United Center. 

I still made it to the United Center 47 minutes before tip off, so I walked around the Club Level (yes, we are super fancy), got some food (fried chicken and tater tots), and waited for Josh to arrive.




Josh arrived just a few minutes before tip off!


[We sat right next to the camera guys]







The Lakers trailed the first three quarters and it was getting a little frustrating. But then they woke up and finally took the lead with eight minutes to go in the 4th.





The last eight minutes were a lot of fun and the Lakers fans were going wild! In the end we won and I was so happy!


[Mass chaos leaving the United Center]

Thanks Josh for getting us the tickets and going to the game with me! And thanks to Sam our amazing babysitter who watched Theo twice this week and on school nights!

I think this is going to be a great year for the Lakers! AND the 2020 NBA All Star Game is in Chicago! Can we go?! PLEASE?!

No comments: