Monday, January 6, 2020

Christmas in Cancun - Part IV: Christmas Day

December 25th:

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

We woke up Christmas morning to find Cole eating Santa's cookies, dad cooking breakfast, a letter from Santa, stocking on the couch, and presents under the tree!







Santa left and note which Missy read aloud to the group:

Neilson Kids - 

I stopped by your house last night, you see

I saw the stockings and the unit tree

I knew in that moment that you must not be there


A Christmas vacation away, but where?

It's cold in Ohio, as I'm sure you know

So, I knew you'd be heading away from the snow

I figured you'd head to the sun or the sand

My first thought was to check Disneyland

Not there! You seemed to be out of reach!

My next guess: You must have escaped to the beach!

A beach that your family had planned to visit soon?

I knew in that moment, it must be Cancun!

So, I flew to bring you a present or two

And left a few things back at the house for you

So, enjoy your trip: Tulum, the pool, and the beach

When my work is done, I plan to see each!

Hope this week has been great, full of holiday cheer

Feliz Navidad and Happy New Year!





After opening our stockings from Papa and Grandma, we opened the presents from Santa!










[Dad telling mom what he got her: Michael Bubble tickets, a Canadian house flag, and "Tyson" and "Kenna" charms for her bracelet]

[Dad with his gift from the kids]




[Dance party in the bathroom!]

After opening all the presents we went to the pool and got fish tacos and fancy drinks for lunch!










We also got to see Santa and his elves! They were so excited to see the kids!




[Theo sitting up like a big boy]






My day took a pretty traumatic turn when Theo rolled off of his padded pool chair onto the hard floor. I know kids bonk their heads, but mine has a brain aneurysm, tissue death, and is susceptible to seizures. I cried. He cried. It was horrible. But luckily he did not have a seizure and he was fine after he took a good nap (and had some Tylenol). Phew!

That night we all got dressed up and took family pictures at the lobby.










Mom and dad then took us all out for a delicious dinner!


After dinner we went and got fresh churros! Mine was stuffed with Nutella and Josh's had caramel! YUM!







I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas too!

No comments: