Monday, April 4, 2022

Spring Break 2022

Since Theo didn't go back to school in the week after his ER visit, we had an extra long Spring Break! Technically Spring Break was this week and of course it was cold and rainy. Ugh! So, we ended up going on a few long walks around Costco.

Monday, March 28th:

Today I called Neurology to see if they could send over a new prescription for one of Theo's medications. Apparently not every pharmacy can "compound" a liquid medication. It took some time and a lot of phone calls, but we found a pharmacy close by that was able to help us out. 

I also called Theo's Pediatrician to see if they needed to send in an updated pre-operation physical to the Orthopedic Surgeon. They sent one in before he fainted and was diagnosed with Vasovagal Syncope. They said they needed a new physical, so we needed to come in on Thursday.

Theo had nine seizures today.

We got a few pictures from Sara today too! Brodee is on the Honor Roll and is playing baseball! Congrats Brodee! Keep up the good work!




It doesn't look like our arborvitae's are going to make it, so we are going to rip them out and put planters in their place. I think they will look great with a bunch of overflowing flowers. I'm bummed that the trees died, but our soil is to clay-y (I'm sure that is an actual word) and they were not able to get the right amount of water.



On Tuesday, March 29th, Theo went to OT and then we played at home.

I bought Theo this toy a week ago and he wouldn't even look at it. Now he is obsessed and wants to cuddle with it!


[Watching videos for Speech and coloring]

I was putting Theo's food away and I came back to get him out of his chair and he was clapping. I looked at the screen and he was clapping along to Elmo's "If You're Happy and You Know It." We watch this video ALL the time and this is the first time he clapped along to the song. I waited to see what he would do at the "stomp your feet" part and he stomped his feet! I was so proud! 😭😭


Theo had eight seizures today.

Wednesday, March 30th, we went to OT and saw Ms. Jodie and then we had Feeding Therapy with Ms. Jen that afternoon. Theo had 10 seizures.

On Thursday, March 31st, I did A LOT of driving. First, Theo and I drove 40 minutes to Ottawa to meet with his Pediatrician. They did a pre-op physical and also gave me a medical release so Theo could go back to school on Monday. 

After his appointment we went home and I put Theo down for a nap. After Josh got home I headed back out west to Ottawa for my OBGYN appointment. I met with Dr. Kowalski and we went over my biopsy results. Like we thought, I still have "bad cells" on my cervix. She said it could take them 5-10 years to become cancerous, but it's best to take care of them now especially since we aren't having any more kids. She told me that she want's me to undergo the LEEP again. She feels confident that this time it will work and I shouldn't have to have a Colposcopy with biopsy's any more. BUT there is a chance that the LEEP won't get rid of all the "bad cells." If that is the case then she is recommending a total hysterectomy to remove my uterus, cervix, and tubes. The surgery is done laparoscopically, so the recovery time isn't too bad.

I told Dr. Kowalski that it's not a good time for me to go under anesthesia because I don't have anyone to come get me from the hospital (Theo will be recovering from his surgery). She said that she usually does LEEPs with just local anesthetic (if the patient wants) and she said it's not necessary to go under anesthesia for the surgery (even though some doctors prefer it). That sounds good to me! We went ahead and scheduled my surgery for May.

After my appointment I headed a hour northeast to my allergist to get my shots. Good thing I have plenty of podcast to listen to! 

Theo had six seizures that day.

Friday morning, April 1st, we woke up to a little dusting of snow!


Theo's PT came over in the morning and then that night I went and saw Morbius.

Theo had six seizures that day.

On Saturday, April 2nd, we went on a family outing to Costco!

[Theo always needs more toys]

Theo only had five seizures on Saturday.

On Sunday, April 3rd, Theo and I hung out at home while Josh went to Top Golf with some of his Inspectors. It looks like they had a great time!


Theo loves to make noise, but I told him he needed to stop smacking his toys on the hardwood floor. So, he took his favorite robot and started hitting him against the side of the coffee table. UGH. This kid.


I was SO excited when we had birds nest outside our window back in 2020. The baby birds all survived and were so fun to watch! Last year the birds set up their nest outside our window again, but all the babies died. It was awful! We decided to put up a couple of bird houses this year to encourage them to nest in a safe spot and not over our front door like they keep trying to do.



[Scoping it out!]

Theo had six seizures on Sunday.

My adorable niece had her first dance recital this week! Her mom sent us a video and it was darling! She is the cutest little ballerina! 


I finished the four marathons by the end of March to complete my iFit challenge. I think they all recorded correctly so I should get my medal 🙂


If you happen to use Amazon and you haven't chosen a charity for Amazon Smile, please consider choosing Vein of Galen Malformation Support Network. It doesn't cost you anything. Amazon will donate to the charity when you purchase items.

No comments: