Monday, August 29, 2022

Esthetician, Laundry Room, and Allergist

On Monday, August 22nd, I put Theo on the bus and then headed to see the Esthetician. We talked about my skin, my skin care history, my current skin care regime, and my sunspots. She recommended I use cleanser, serum, moisturizer, and sunscreen every day; gave me samples of ones that will work with my oily skin; recommended that I used those samples over the next couple of days; AND THEN come back in for a facial. Sounds good to me!


[Theo's outfit 😍]

[Theo getting ready for snack time at school]




Our fabulous carpenter ladies came back today and finished installing the wall tiles, painted the cabinets, stained the "waterfall," and installed the crown molding. They brought samples of grout and we decided to do a color similar to the kitchen.





Theo had three seizures today.

The next morning (Tuesday, August 23rd) the carpenter ladies came back and grouted the tile on the wall. It has to dry for 24 hours before they can install the floating shelves. They finished staining the shelves and planned on coming back the next morning to install the shelves and put the doors on the cabinets.


Theo had a great day at school and he worked hard at OT that afternoon. He did fall asleep at the very end of the session, but that's an improvement!



Theo had one seizure today.

I put Theo on the bus the next morning (Wednesday, August 24th) and then headed back to the Dermatologist office so I could get my facial with the Esthetician. I've had facials before, but they were always done at nice day spas where they play soft music and give you a little massage while the mask does it's job. I assumed that this one would be different since we were at a busy doctor's office, but I was wrong and I'm glad I was! The facial was fantastic as was the arm, shoulder, and neck massage 🙌🏻🙌🏻 When I was done I went to Costco, Target, and Cups n Cake to get the Carpenter Ladies some macarons. 

While I was gone the ladies installed the cabinets, put up the floating shelves, cleaned up the garage, and left. I was bummed when I got home because they were gone and I had treats for them, but they were planning on coming back on Friday to install the final handles on the cabinets. Phew! I guess I can hold onto the macaron's for a couple of days!




Theo had another great day at school even though he slept a lot. He did end up having two seizures really close together, which worried his aid, but he didn't have a third, so they didn't have to give him his emergency meds.



8/24 is Kobe Bryant Day, did you know that?


Theo had three seizures today.

Thursday morning I drove all the way to my allergist office for my yearly appointment with the PA. She determined that we should increase my shots dosage and I should continue coming in weekly for those shots. I said that sounds great and then I asked her if I would be getting that increased dose today or next week. She then told me that because of our insurance they won't allow me to see the doctor and get shots on the same day. What?! She said it's a dumb rule and it makes no sense, but sometimes the insurance companies make no sense 🤷‍♀️ UGH!

I left the allergist and headed to Target to look for some fun new things for the laundry room. I bought this basket, but I'm pretty sure I need Missy to come visit so she can help me pick out some fun decorations. 


Theo had another busy day at school, and his aid said that it seems like he is "waking up more," so we'll take that as a win!



Theo only had one seizure today.

As I was getting Theo on the bus the next morning (Friday, August 26th), one of the carpenter ladies showed up to install the cabinet door handles. I thanked her for all their hard work and gave her the macaron's. She was so excited and said she had never had macaron's before! 


The ladies are going to come back in a few weeks to install the doors on the custom cabinets and do a board and batten design on the long wall across from the washer and dryer. I'm obsessed with how everything has turned out so far!



[Look at all that stuff! It fits so nicely!]

I then headed back up to the allergist office to get my weekly shots. It's a 30 minute drive one way, so it's a good thing I have plenty of podcast's to listen to. 

I usually go on Thursday's for my shots and the nurse that does them is very gentle and I almost never bleed. But the nurse on Friday's is a little rough. The shots don't hurt, but I bled a little.

[Oops!]



I then went to pick up Theo from school. His aid had to swing by his old preschool and his preschool teacher had this shirt for him! The back of it has the names of all his classmates/friends! I love it!



This picture is of Theo at PT. It summarizes his week pretty well. We made it through his first full week of school and therapy! He slept a lot during school, but everyone is so supportive and we know he'll adapt.


Since our week was a little busy, we decided not to go anywhere over the weekend. Theo slept in both days and took plenty of long naps.

I had a very stressful day on Saturday. I had a last minute cancellation at our Airbnb condo, but ended up getting a last minute booking. I scrambled and got our guest checked in and all set to have a nice long weekend. I saw our guest arrive on my Ring camera and then I saw them leave with all of their luggage an hour later. I was really confused, so I reached out to them to see if everything was okay. I then got a message directly from Airbnb saying that the guest had filed a formal complaint with them. I've NEVER had this happen before. The guest then reached out to me and said they found hairs everywhere and the cooking pans were scratched and they didn't want to be poisoned by the toxic pans. I told him I can give him a full refund and they can leave or I can have my cleaning ladies come back over to clean again. He never responded. I was then lectured by Airbnb and they told me they would be issuing a full refund. That's fine. That's not what I am upset about. I'm upset because the guest didn't come to me first and let me try to fix the situation. I would have refunded them. No problem. I just hate that they went to Airbnb and now I have "a mark" on my record because of it. After talking to Airbnb I got in contact with my cleaning ladies. I then jumped on Amazon and ordered two new sets of pots and pans and a few other items. Later that night Airbnb sent me a few of the pictures that my guest had sent them. Yes, a couple of the pans had scratch marks. No problem, I already ordered new ones. They also sent in a picture of one of the hairs. No, there was not hair everywhere. But one is one too many. It just sucks. I hate getting in trouble and I feel awful.

My anxiety kept me up a lot that night. But it's okay. Amazon kept me company while I was up from 2:00 to 4:00 AM 🙄 😬

[My sweet boys taking a nap together]


Theo fell asleep while we were playing 🙈


I've been laying on my Shakti mat every night before bed for 20 minutes and I guess my phone noticed. Why yes, I would love to set a timer for 20 minutes, thanks!


Theo had two seizures on Saturday and one seizure on Sunday.

No comments: