Sunday, November 26, 2023

Thanksgiving and Christmas Decorations

Monday, November 20th:

Josh and I got up early, grabbed some breakfast at the hotel, and then made the long drive home from Appleton. I don't think Theo even noticed that we were gone. He was busy having way too much fun with Ms. Jess!

That afternoon we had a Zoom with Theo's school speech therapist, his teachers, and a lady who is going to be evaluating Theo to see what speech device will work for him. We had a good conversation and everyone is excited to see what she brings for Theo to tryout in a couple of weeks.

Theo didn't have school this week, but he got sick, so we had to cancel all his therapies. Bummer.

Theo had 12 observable seizures today.

Tuesday, November 21st:

Theo stayed home with me all day. Since he was coughing I did his respiratory therapy every four hours and had to use the suction machine a couple times (he hates that thing!). 

During Theo's nap I jumped on Zoom and had a parent/teacher conference with Theo's teacher and all of his school therapist. It was so nice to talk with them about Theo. They were all very excited about how much more awake and alert he is since we weaned him off the Clobazam. They are expecting big things from him!


[Shake vest and nebulizer]

After Josh got home I went and got my allergy shots and then went to Cracker Barrel to get our Thanksgiving food.

Theo had three observable seizures today.

Wednesday, November 22nd:

Josh had to work every day this week except Thanksgiving, so Theo and I just hung out at home. I caught Theo's cold... bummer.

I talked to Luke and we decided it would be best for us to do two days at each of the Disney Parks in Tokyo. I have our plans on an excel spreadsheet, but I made this post-it calendar to help me figure out how to shift our plans around. We were originally going to do one day in Toyko, three days at Star Wars Celebration, two more days in Toyko, and then two days at Disney.

Original Plan:

Now we are going to go two days earlier and do all the Tokyo days at the beginning of the trip. 

New Plan:

I think it's going to work out great! I can't wait!

Theo had 10 observable seizures today.

Thursday, November 23rd:

Happy Thanksgiving!


We got turkey breast, mashed potatoes, gravy, and a cinnamon roll cake from Cracker Barrel. Since it's just the two of us, it works out perfectly!


After Thanksgiving lunch we put up our Christmas decorations (it's supposed to snow this weekend). 


[Tiny tree in the family room]


[Large tree by the window with the start of our Harry Potter Hogsmeade display]

[Three Broomsticks and Harry]


[Outside]



[I love how you can see the tree through the window!]

Theo had three observable seizures today.

Friday, November 24th:

Josh had to go back to work today. We are grateful he has a job, so I'm not going to complain... too much. He also works a lot at night after Theo goes to bed too. We are very thankful for him!

My brother Luke shaved his head. I showed the picture to Josh and he approved!



Theo had three observable seizures today.

Weekend:

I was super sick on Saturday (hopefully that was the peak of this cold), but we got snow on Sunday. YAY! It's so pretty!



Theo's hair is getting too long and is starting to tangle in the back. Josh got out his clippers and Theo looks so handsome!




Theo had three observable seizures on Saturday and three on Sunday.

Besides Theo and I getting colds, we had a nice Thanksgiving at home. I am very thankful for my family and friends!

No comments: