Sunday, August 18, 2024

First Day of Second Grade!

Theo started Second Grade this week! I know he's been enjoying this last month at home and hanging out with Ms. Jess, but now he gets to go to school and he still gets to hang out with Ms. Jess! Lucky guy!

Monday, August 12th:

Ms. Jess came over today to hang out with Theo while I worked in the basement and Josh was in the field. 

[Theo loves to sit on the couch like a big boy!]

Theo had 15 observable seizures today.

Tuesday, August 13th:

Josh went to work while Theo and I stayed home and got Theo's backpack and wheelchair all ready for school.

Theo got some fun Tonies from Grammy Suzi for his birthday! Thank you!


[Watching Wish and laying on his right side]

That afternoon we went to High Hopes for PT/OT. Theo worked hard and had a great session!

Theo had six observable seizures today.

Wednesday, August 14th:

Theo's school starts 50 minutes earlier than it did during the last school year. But that's fine with us since Theo gets up at 5:00 AM everyday anyways 🤦‍♀️

I got Theo ready and then sent him off to school! He was very happy to see his bus driver, Ms. Gina, and the bus aid, Ms. Karen. 



We were able to make the school schedule and Theo's therapy schedule work out perfectly. Theo will get dropped off by the bus every day at 2:00 PM. Then on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Fridays I'll load him right into the van and we will head off to either PT or OT. It's so nice that I don't have to pick him up from school because it gives me more time at home to work, work out, and run errands.

Theo had eight observable seizures today.

Thursday, August 15th:

My friend Renee sent me this newspaper article. How cool is that?!


After Theo went off to school I got a call from Access Elevator. Their installer wanted to stop by to check out Theo's room (where the lift will be installed on Monday). I said that was fine. The installer showed up and I showed him Theo's room and how to get into the attic. He told me that depending on how much work he has to do in the attic it could take up to two days to get everything installed. He saw Theo's bathroom and told me that that was one of the nicest home accessible bathrooms that he's ever seen. That's always nice to hear! We are very excited for the lift to be installed and for Theo's Wish!


After Theo got off the bus I rolled him into the van and we drove to OT.

Theo had 10 observable seizures today including one that was 95 seconds long.

Friday, August 16th:

I got Theo onto the bus and then I went to work in the basement. Later I went to get my allergy shots and then to the grocery store. I was craving sugar really badly and the first thing I saw when I got in the store was an Oreo display! UGH! I bought a pack and some milk along with our other healthier groceries.

That afternoon I took Theo to PT at Ms. Becca's house where Theo got to go swimming with Ms. Cody. He was splashing like a crazy person and jumping up and down in the shallow end! Theo is pretty good about wearing his sunglasses in the pool, but he keeps getting water in his eyes from all the splashing. So I bought him these polarized swim goggles! Aren't they so cool?!


After dinner I had some milk and cookies. They were so delicious!

Theo had five observable seizures today.

Weekend:

At 3:00 AM I was woken up by a killer migraine. I immediately took some Excedrin Migraine and put my THERAice on. It was awful. It felt like I had an icepick in my right eye. I was super nauseated and the small light on our air purifier was blinding me.

At 5:15 AM Josh headed off to work and I struggled to get up and get Theo out of bed. Once I got him up and settled down I took more meds and put my THERAice back on. It was a really rough morning.

I've had three migraines this month. I've been tracking my period and my sugar intake to see if there is a trigger, which is why I mentioned the Oreo's earlier. I need to see my doctor next month anyways to get some altitude meds, so I'm going to talk to her about the migraines. 

Josh went to work and then went to Peoria to take another inspector test to get his 1184. We aren't going to get the results until November, but Josh feels really good about it.

I've been working hard on planning my trip to Utah in October. I will be hosting a Girls Night In at my Airbnb with some friends and old college roommates (about 15 ladies total). I spent this weekend sending out invites, researching food options, and making trivia games. I'm going to bring Harry Potter and FRIENDS Trivial Pursuit, card games, and I made two music trivia games. I tested them out on Josh and he did really well! We are also going to get a charcuterie board, dinner from VIA 313, and treats from Ambrosial bakery. I am so excited!

No comments: