Sunday, August 30, 2026

Lunar Eclipse

Monday, August 24th:

Theo had his first full week of school and he did great!

Josh and I are very excited for our trip to Africa. Only 97 days to go!



Tuesday, August 25th:

Theo and Nurse Patti went off to school while I stayed at home and worked and Josh headed into the field. 

While at school Theo worked on crafts, sorting, bean bag tossing, letters, and food play. He also went in his stander for 30 minutes and laid on the wedge. 


After school we went to The Legacy Ranch to see Ms. Kaylin and Sherman! Sherman is back and we are so happy! Theo and Sherman make a great team! Next week is our last week with Ms. Kaylin and we are really sad about that. But she promises that she will still "be around." 

Later that night I attended book club. We read The Lion Women of Tehran by Marjan Kamali. I love historical fiction and this book was one of the best! 

Wednesday, August 26th:

I sent Theo and Nurse Patti off to school while I went and got a Japanese Head Spa, a hair cut, and my eyebrows waxed. I was supposed to get that all done last month, but I wanted to wait until my neck was feeling better. 

Theo and I have both had a post nasal drip since the end of June (remember his ear?!) and this week we added a stuffy nose to the mix. Thanks to Rollin Rovee for helping me wtih the nebulizer!


Thursday, August 27th:

After Theo and Nurse Patti went to school I went to see my allergist. I told her I was struggling with a post nasal drip. She took a look in my ears and saw I had some fluid in there and she said my sinuses were a little swollen. She prescribed me singular which I am going to take in addition to my daily Xyzal. This is what I am currently doing for my allergies:

Three allergy shots every three weeks
Singular in the morning
Xyzal at night
Nasal rinse and nasal spray twice a day

My allergies are SOOOO much better than they were before I started therapy, but the fall is still a rough time for me.

That evening we watched the Chargers play in a preseason game. Justin is looking great! This is our year!



That night we got to see a lunar eclipse! 


Josh got our new camera set up and he was able to get some great shots!




[It begins]





[Oh no! Clouds!]

[Clouds moved out during totality!]




So cool! 

Friday, August 28th:

Nurse Patti and Theo went to school and I went to see my PCP for my yearly check up. We talked about our upcoming trip to Africa and she prescribed me malaria and altitude sickness meds. We also went over vaccines and we decided that I should get TDAP (it had been 9 years since my last one), Typhoid (last shot was in 2018 before we went to South America), and Hepatitis A. I got my TDAP shot at the office and I'll need to go to Walgreens to get the others. I also had my yearly pap and pelvic exam. I have some routine bloodwork to do and I have my mammogram scheduled for next month. Preventative medicine can be a pain, but it's best to catch any problems early.

Later that day I had a meeting with my fellow NI owners and our accountants. And then Theo had PT with Ms. Becca.

Weekend:

Everything here is totally normal 🤦‍♀️


WTF Illinois?! We also broke the record for the largest hail stone recorded in Illinois (6 inches). So, yeah, it's been a great year!


Look at these cute hats!


We went to the local Vintage Faire and another famers market down the street. It was threatening to rain on us, but the day turned out really nice! 

Theo got a haircut just in time for the weather to get extreme! Trust me kiddo, having that mop on your head is not great when it hits 106 degrees (heat index) next week!


We lost some greats this week. Thanks for being great people and fantastic entertainers!




No comments: