Saturday, February 13, 2010

Oh Canada!

As I watched the Opening Ceremonies for the 2010 Winter Olympic games I couldn't help but get a little teary-eyed.

Canada is seen as a joke sometimes here in the US.

People say that Canada is Americas hat or attic or we make fun of the way they talk (eh?!) or how much they like Maple syrup or gravy with their fries or if we were ever in a war they could provide us with an unlimited supply of snowballs and rocks...

But I LOVE Canada!

I love the way the opening ceremonies portrayed Canada. It showed that Canada is diverse, beautiful, and strong.

I think the world needed to see that and I think I needed to see that.

I have pride in my 1/2 Canadian blood. I love that I've been able to spend some time in the true north. I love that during the Olympics I can cheer for the US and for Canada.

Here's to the Olympic games!


2 comments:

Rebekah said...

Yay for the Olympics!! And I'm proud to be married into a Canadian family! EH!

General Mills said...

You and Canada need to get a room, Just Kidding I love Canada too. The Lakers on the other hand...