Saturday, September 8, 2012

I MADE IT!!

After 3 weeks of packing and organizing, hours of loading the truck, and 11 hours of driving, I finally made it to Colorado!!

Here's how it all went down:

I spent a lot of time going through all of our things, putting items aside that I was going to donate, and packing the rest in totes. 

I stacked all of the totes in the front room so they would be easier to move when the time came. 


I then rented a 14 ft truck and trailer so that I could tow my XTerra while I moved.


Thanks to the help of my friends we were able to pack the truck full in no time at all!



The next morning I got up early, filled the truck with gas, and headed off.

 

I have to admit, I was nervous. Not only was I driving a huge truck with a trailer but I was driving on a highway that I was not familiar with. I was warned by a few people that the drive was beautiful but had a few steep and shady parts. I took their advice to heart and decided to give myself PLENTY of time to get to Colorado before the sun went down. 

Long story short, I made it! I drove slowly and took my time. My friends were right, the drive was beautiful and steep. At one point I was going 35 mph and getting passed by everyone, but I stayed in the right hand lane, put my flashers on, and kept chugging along.

When I finally arrived in Fort Morgan I was greeted by Josh and these beautiful flowers!


I'm pretty proud of myself. I can't believe that I went all that way by myself! Wahoo! 

The next day (Sunday), Josh and I unloaded the truck into our little storage unit. It took some real skills but we made it all fit into a 5 by 10 by 10 storage unit.

 




We then took the rest of the stuff back to the hotel and unpacked. 

We are currently staying at a hotel which has weekly rates and kitchens in the rooms. It's a little expensive but hopefully we will only be here for a few weeks.

It's been one heck of an adventure so far! Here's to many more!

2 comments:

Emily and Kenny said...

Yay! So glad you are safe! And I'm proud of you making that drive... I get nervous just in my car! Haha! Love you hoho!

Allison said...

You are BRAVE! And way to drive how you felt comfortable, regardless of the people passing you :) Glad you made it there okay!