Wednesday, October 8, 2014

The Light at the End of the Tunnel

I can see it! I really can!

This last month has been a little crazy here on the pipeline. Things are wrapping up and I have been extremely busy with work and all that goes with it!

I was in charge of putting together a huge list (we call it a "punch list") of things that still need to be done before we can all get out of here. I've been working with the other departments and after days of pouring my heart and soul into it I am ready for it to be presented to the Contractor. Once the Contractor finishes the list we can all go home. 

But there's an elephant in the room. A big one. What if they don't finish before the snow comes? We don't want to talk about that! We don't even want to think about that!

While I was in a meeting last Saturday it started snowing. Like HUGE flakes, real snow snowing! It was wild! Turns out it was just a freak Fall storm and NOT the start of winter!

I told my boss that we need to by in Sydney on December 5th so we can catch a cruise to New Zealand and Fiji. Some days he just laughs and says that it's not gonna happen and then other times he says that it is doable. I don't know what to believe! But in all honesty, he doesn't know when this project will end just like everyone else. So I guess we will have to wait and see!

In non-work related things:

The NFL Season kicked off,

we found a delicious breakfast place where they make this amazing raspberry coffee cake, 

I saw the lunar eclipse this morning,
[picture taken by my coworker]




and Josh and I went to a Dodgers game at the Historic Wrigley Field!

[Getting breakfast before the game]

[Taking the train to Chicago]

[Fall is here]




[Wrigley Field]







I was warned before hand that it would be cold at the game so I brought my jacked and beanie but I was still cold! We sat in the first row of the nose bleed section which was nice because it rained a few times before and during the game and we were protected by the roof.








Overall it was a very fun experience. I was glad that we were able to go to Wrigley Field during it's 100th year, get some hot dogs, and watch the Dodgers beat the Cubs!

I got a little too cold during the game so after the 5th we left and headed over to a local BBQ joint. We hung out there and got some great BBQ and watched the rest of the game on their large TVs. After the game was over we headed back over to downtown Chicago and jumped on the south-bound train.

[My mountain man!]

1 comment:

Leslie Elaine said...

A cruise! How fun, I hope you make it. That coffee cake really does look amazing and that picture your coworker took of the moon is also amazing, it doesn't seem real.