Monday, March 18, 2019

South American and Antarctic Adventure! Volume II: Zaandam Cruise, Part XVIII: Recap

I don't even know where to begin! 

We were gone for 33 days and we had ONE issue: HAL packing up our room and throwing away my notes. That's it! How crazy is that? Four people traveling with a Special Needs child and we only had ONE issue! *High Five*

I want to thank my parents for coming along with us and for helping with Theo. My dad was the "baby sherpa" and carried Theo's stroller countless times (including up and down steep stairs at Machu Picchu!) and my mom constantly volunteered to watch Theo so Josh and I could attend shows and lectures. Thank you so much!

I also want to shout out to my travel agent, Kathleen Taylor (Kathleen.Taylor@alluretravel.com). She has planned TWO amazing trips for us so far and I would use her again in a heartbeat! If you need a travel agent PLEASE contact her!

Considering the circumstances, we had an amazing trip! We went to Machu Picchu, Cuzco, Lake Titicaca, Patagonia, the Chilean Fjords, the Beagle Channel, Glacier Alley, Torres del Paine, Cape Horn, the Antarctic Peninsula, the “End of the World,” saw the King penguins, and Iguazu Falls all because HAL (and our guides in Peru) were willing to accommodate us. And I am beyond grateful for that.

I can't say enough great things about the crew of the HAL Zaandam. From our cruise director Bruce, to our wait staff at the Dinning Room, to Herry (our room attendant), the bartenders in the Crows Nest, and everyone else! They are all simply amazing and did such a great job!

Overall it was the trip of a lifetime! I can't believe we went to Antarctica!

[Thanks mom for helping me collect all the pins for this trip!]


So where to next?! What can top the Antarctic? Shall we try the Arctic?!

I already found a couple of cruises! Who's in?!




No comments: