Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Mom To the Rescue and Michael Bublé Concert

We bought Michael Bublé concert tickets a few months ago and about a month before the concert we asked Theo's babysitter if she could watch him. Sadly, she had plans in St. Louis and couldn't change them. I was a little bummed out, but Michael Bublé is young and I'm sure he will be touring again. I put the tickets on StubHub to sell them, but then my mom called and said she would fly up and watch Theo for us! Airline tickets were cheap, so we flew her in for the weekend! Mom to the Rescue!

[Of course, the weekend my mom visits is the HOTTEST so far this season!]

Josh was able to "get off work early" (he wasn't physically at work, but he was on his phone most of the time) on Saturday, so we headed to the Naperville Riverwalk to try Cookie Dough Creations. I guess the newest dessert fad is raw cookie dough, and I am here for it!


You can get ice cream, cookie dough, or both. I got Moose Tracks ice cream with chocolate chip cookie dough on top. It was delicious! I think next time I will just get two different types of cookie dough! YUM!



We then drove to Michael's so I could get a few things for Theo's Harry Potter birthday party! I'm not very creative, but I think it's all going to come together nicely!

[UGH! 100 degrees + humidity = "feels like" 116 degrees!]

After our adventure to Michaels, we went to Tensuke Market and Food Court. I follow a couple of food bloggers and one of them said this was the best sushi in the Chicago area. 



I think we were both hesitant to eat sushi in the back of a fish market (instead of a fancy restaurant), but it was SO GOOD! The fish is FRESH (apparently it is flown in daily) and they give you a lot of it. The rolls are also very reasonably priced and they come with soup and a side. YUM! I wish Tensuke Market was closer, but if you are ever near the O'Hare Airport and are craving sushi then you know where to go!

We still had a couple of hours before the concert started so we went to the Fashion Outlets of Chicago. The stores were a little too fancy for us, but we enjoyed walking around the mall anyways. 

We then ran to the gas station to get a couple of 5-Hour Energy drinks and then headed to the Allstate Arena.


[Our seats - front row of the lower bowl]


[MICHAEL BUBLÉ]







WOW! I've been to a lot of concerts where the singer doesn't sound like their CDs, but this was not one of them! Michael Bublé has an amazing voice and he is such a great entertainer. The concert was called "A Night With Michael Bublé" and that's exactly what it was! He was so personable and loved to joke around with the audience. I feel like he's my new best friend!





Michael asked the audience if anyone wanted to sing with him and his guy yelled out, so Michael went over to him and they sang "Sweet Home Chicago" together! The crowd went WILD!






Towards the end of the night Michael asked his band if any of them wanted to sing. One of his trumpet players came down and sang (and danced) an amazing song while Michael Bublé sang (and danced) with his backup singers. It was so FUN!



During the last few songs, some of the band came out to the edge of the stage and they started a crazy huge dance party. Everyone was on their feet and dancing. The energy was high and you could tell they love to entertain!




VIDEO:

[Theo LOVES going on walks with Grandma!]

[My mom was still in town when Theo's OT, Glady, came by for her weekly visit. Since my mom is going to be watching Theo for a week while I am on the East Coast for a GIRLS TRIP, I figured it would be good for her to meet Theo's therapist.]

Thanks mom for flying out and spending a few days with us! Josh and I haven't been on too many dates since Theo was born, so we GREATLY appreciate you babysitting!

No comments: