Sunday, December 29, 2019

Christmas in Cancun - Part I: Christmas at Home

December 17th:

We have been planning on having Christmas in Cancun for years now and it would be an understatement if I said we were excited! I bought Brodee's airplane tickets way back in May. Our plan was for him to fly to Dallas from Midland/Odessa, and Josh would fly from Chicago and meet him in Dallas. They would then both fly back to Chicago. We would spend a couple of days in Chicago and then we would fly as a family to Cancun for Christmas!

Pictures from his mom:

[Isn't he getting so big?!]




Josh woke up early and drove an hour to O'Hare to catch his flight. At 4:45 AM he called me from the airport to tell me that Brodee had missed his flight to Dallas. We scrambled to figure out a plan, but all the flights out of Midland/Odessa were booked.

I stayed on the phone with customer service for a while, but there was nothing they could do. We were out of options, so Josh drove back home while I called my family to tell them Brodee wouldn't be coming to Cancun. I cried. My dad cried. My nephews cried. It really sucks that Brodee won't be joining us on this adventure.


December 18th:

After Brodee missed his flight I packed up his presents and shipped them to Texas.


December 19th:

In the morning Theo and I went to PT. Becca and Cody were able to get him to lay on his right side without him freaking out. We are still all puzzled as to why he won't roll over his right ear. There's gotta be a reason, right?!




You better believe that I had tickets to see Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker on opening night!

[Theo with his porg getting into the Star Wars spirit!]

[Darth Vader was at my theatre!]

And just for the record, I LOVED it! What a great way to end the Skywalker Saga!

December 20th:

We celebrated Christmas at home with all of our family traditions: pigs in a blanket for breakfast, opening presents one by one, watching Christmas movies, and taking pictures of what we received.



[I love our Charlie Brown Christmas tree]


[Theo with his gifts from Grammy Suzi and Clay]

[Baby Yoda from Katey!]


[A xylophone from Becca (PT)] 

[Gifts from Grandma and Grandpa Carlson; Grammy Suzi and Clay; Becca (PT); Diane (Feeding/Speech therapist); and Josh and I] 

[I got a Lakers license plate frame and a chrome emblem. They are going to look sweet on my SUV!]

[Josh got a new watch, a Fitbit, two hats, and a rash guard for Cancun]

I got Brodee, Josh, and Theo all matching Green Bay Packers hats. Maybe someday they can wear them at a game together!

That night we stay at a hotel by the airport so we could catch our early flight to Cancun. 

[Star Wars and Nothing Bundt Cakes!]

No comments: