Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Family Dentist, Father's Day, and IEP Meeting

On June 15th, Josh, Theo, and I went to the dentist for our six month cleaning and x-rays. I am happy to report we had no cavities and we will be back in another six months.

[It's hard to get selfies with this kid, but I can't help myself!]



[More food play at the dinner table]

[Theo doesn't like to feed his dad]


Theo's DT and Vision therapist suggested blowing bubbles with Theo. I went all out and got this awesome bubble machine! Theo gets so excited when I turn it on, but he doesn't like it when the bubble pop on him.



[Apparently I learned history by reading books, while others learned it by looking at statues. Go figure.]

[Working on the peanut ball]

[I love Star Wars]

On June 21st we celebrated Father's Day by giving presents to Josh and cheating on our diet!




We also did a Group FaceTime with my family. It was so fun to see everyone!


[Such a great Father figure to The Child!]

[More bubbles!]

[He is so cute when he sleeps]

On June 25th, we had another Zoom meeting with Theo's school and his current therapist. Like the last meeting, it was a bit overwhelming. BUT I talked to all of Theo's therapist after it was over and they were all VERY excited about the program. As of right now, Theo's school will open on August 20th. He will be in an afternoon class with eight other kids. They said that he can ride the bus, but for now I will take him. Once he gets more comfortable with going to school I think we will try out the bus. He will have a CNA with him at all times, so that is very comforting. 


[Working hard!]


[Sitting on my lap and "reading" a book]


[YES!! LAKERS!!]


[Can this year get any stranger?!]

[GUILTY!]

[He's so handsome!]


[YEP!]

Do you remember way back in December when the Mason's made Theo an Amtryke?! Remember how it took MONTHS to get the headrest?! Well, it finally arrived! 


Theo was a little tense at first, but he loved getting push around. We strapped his feet in, so he knows what it's like to push the pedals. There are also wrist straps, so he can steer, but we didn't want to over do it on his first try.


Theo got Josh an egg cooker for Father's Day and it makes perfect hard-boiled eggs!


[Theo working hard with Laura at OT]

We are beyond blessed that Josh is considered an "Essential Worker" and has been able to work during the pandemic. He is the Chief on two jobs right now, which keeps him extremely busy. But they just did the final tie-in's for one of the jobs, so that one will be done soon.

[Hilarious!]







I hope you are all staying safe out there!

No comments: