Friday, July 31, 2020

End of July and Aunt Missy Comes to Visit

This quarantine has been hard on us for a lot of the same reasons it's been hard on everyone. The hardest thing is the isolation (which I wrote about before) and the fact that it's so hard to leave the house without help. It's hard being away from family and friends. I literally have no friends or family here (do therapist and doctors count?). I rely HEAVILY on Marco Polo, FaceTime, and text messages to fill my need for social interactions. So, when Missy decided to come and visit I couldn't have been more excited!

[Missy and Theo]

[She even brought her snow cone maker and syrups! Not as good as Hawaiian Shave Ice, but it's close!]

She stayed for a few days and I could tell how badly I needed a girlfriend (IN PERSON) to just talk to. Don't get me wrong, I love Marco Polo, but having someone talking back to you is so great. 

While Missy was here we got gyros and pizza! Don't worry, I got back on WW right after she left đŸ˜¬

Thanks again for coming to visit! Come back anytime!

[I'm so ready for some Lakers basketball!]


Theo has been working hard on his stamina. He is able to sit in his chair (without complaining) for 90 minutes. He loves to play with his toys and he is getting good at hitting is button with his left hand.


[Look at that hair!]




[Theo has started picking up his musical books and iPad and putting them up to his ear.]

I got this awesome Darth Vader Scentsy warmer and wax bars from Kayleen. They smell so good and I love how the Tie Fighters show up when it's turned on!


I have a large bag of pennies. I don't want them. Pennies are dumb and I don't want to take them to the bank. So, I gave them away on Facebook in the local Buy Nothing / Sell Nothing Group! YAY!



No comments: