Monday, February 14, 2022

New Rockstars, Super Bowl, and Happy Birthday Luke

BIG NEWS: Josh passed all three of his CWI tests! So he is now a Certified Welding Inspector! I am so proud of him! I know these test were very hard, but all those late night study sessions paid off! CONGRATS JOSH!

Late Sunday, February 6th, night we received the following email from Theo's school district:


A judge issued a TRO against the Governors executive order for mask wearing. Of course, the Governor immediately appealed and things can change again. But as of right now, mask are optional in schools. I sent Theo's teacher an email and asked her to continue having Theo wear his shield while at school.

Did you know that the second week of February is Feeding Tube awareness week? If you are reading this then I am sure you are aware that Theo has a feeding tube. Awareness is important!


On Monday, February 7th, I Zoomed into the Windsor Hills condo HOA budget and bimonthly meeting. I never say anything on these meetings, but it's good to keep updated on what's going on in the community. While I was listening to the Zoom, I worked on my handwriting. Cursive is hard.


Theo's aid sends home these journals everyday. They have started keeping track of his "episodes" which I appreciate. 


Theo's 100th day of second-year preschool!



Theo's aids and teachers are still working with Theo on his feeding, which I also appreciate!



We do love penguins!


Maybe Theo is upset that adult Emperor penguins are taller than him!


My boys watching the Winter Olympics!


Theo's feeding therapist and dietitian suggested trying chocolate hummus. It's delicious and Theo seems into it!



[So messy!]


Always wrestling and having fun!



Okay, okay, I'm a huge nerd. We all know that. I follow a lot of nerdy channels on YouTube. One of my favorite is New Rockstars. They tend to focus on Star Wars and the MCU, which I love. When I saw that some of them were going to be in Chicago for a live show I figured I should go and support them!


On Friday, February 11th, I drove up to Thalia Hall. It's a super old theatre with VERY small seats. Luckily, I was able to grab a bench seat that had some leg room. 


The New Rockstars crew was a lot of fun! They ended up doing a trivia contest, which was hilarious! They went over funny MCU theories and got some help from the audience (including a guy dressed up as Emperor Palpatine šŸ¤£šŸ¤£).




The last segment they did was Pokemon vs Star Wars swear words. It was so funny and the cast members didn't do very well, but I knew them all! Aren't you proud?!


Right at the end of the show I started getting a bunch of text messages from my condo guest that had just checked in. She was having a hard time opening the balcony door and seemed to REALLY need to go outside. I thought it was super strange, especially since it was 10:00 at night, but we were able to walk her through it and they were able to get on the balcony.

I ended up leaving at intermission since NR part was over and I didn't know who Face Jam was. Plus, I'm old and and it was past my bedtime! Thanks New Rockstars for the fun night out! And thanks to Josh for hanging out with Theo. I don't get to go out very often and it was much needed!

The next day (February 13th) was Super Bowl Sunday! 

We had buckeyes, made nachos, and watched anxiously for the Dr Strange and Kenobi trailers to drop!





[Mine!]

[Josh's nachos. Can you tell by all the jalapeƱos?!]

We didn't get a trailer for Kenobi, but we did get one for Dr Strange! It's going to be crazy!

[Coming May 25th! The 45th anniversary of A New Hope!]

My little brother Luke is turning 30 on Monday! I can't believe this is happening since I am only 29! Andie threw him a party on Super Bowl Sunday and it looks like they had a great time!

Happy birthday Luke!





Thanks for all the fun times (and sorry the collage wanted to cut your face off *eye roll*)!


On Sunday I finished the first of the four Marathon challenge! Boston was a lot o fun and the trainer was amazing. Now onto New York! I also started Rivs' new series between my long marathon runs. I'm so glad he is back and making new content!

No comments: