Sunday, November 6, 2022

Halloween, People for Theo, and Grandma Judy

The Lakers won their first game on October 30th. Yep, first game. They are 1-5. Yay.


Monday, Halloween:

Theo finally got his new AFO and SMOs today! They seem a little short, but I'll have the PTs check them out and see what they think.


Theo is still recovering from pneumonia, so we decided to stay in this year and just give out candy.

[I love that we have set times for trick-or-treating!]

Since I was passing out candy I though I should dress up. I put the batteries back in my lightsaber and got out my Jedi robes!



My across the street neighbor ran out of candy last year (that happened to us on our first year too). So this year he put out a huge table filled with king sized candy bars. When his first trick-or-treaters showed up I heard him say, "Welcome guys! Please help yourself!" UGH! And here I am across the street protecting my fun sized candy with my lightsaber! "Please just take one!"


Since there is a set time to trick-or-treat it creates a steady stream of kids for most of the night. Because of this most people in our neighborhood sit out in their garage or in their driveways. Others, like myself, just put out a table with candy and keep the front door open. We had quite a few kids and they were all super polite and adorable! We had a lot of high school and middle school kids too. They were happy to just take once piece of candy - it's the young ones that always ask for more! 

I'm very surprised, but the kids around here like KitKat and Twix the most. Who knew?!


[Looks like I'm "The Trusty Provider"]

Right at 7:01 PM I took down the Halloween decorations. I don't have my Christmas decorations up yet, but I'm not against it! Christmas is a season, Thanksgiving is just one day. Put up those trees!



Theo didn't have any seizures today.

Tuesday, November 1st:

We are continuing with Theo's nebulizer and cup percussions for now. He doesn't seem to mind too much.


In the afternoon we met up with Josh and went to Costco and Menards. I think I need this giant snowman!


If I win the lottery I can buy a whole gang of them!


Theo didn't have any seizures today.

Wednesday, November 2nd:

Theo slept really well last night and he will be returning to school and therapy on Thursday! 

I had a dermatology appointment this morning. I had a couple sore spots on the bottom of my foot, so I wanted them to check those out. When I made the appointment I told them I thought they were warts, so when the doctor came into the room she was prepared with a can of liquid freeze! Luckily, we didn't have to freeze anything off because they weren't warts, they are corns. Eww gross, right? Well, that's what I thought. But she said that corns are just calluses (I have plenty of those) that grow inward instead of outward. She took out a razor blade and started shaving them off. It didn't hurt since it's just thick skin and it only took a few minutes to get rid of them. Easy!

I then asked her if she could recommend anything to help my hair grow. She recommended using Men's Rogaine serum, Viviscal Pro, and Spironolactone. She said she would prescribe the Spironolactone after I get bloodwork done. I hope this helps!

My parents sent Theo these socks that they bought him while they were in Ireland. You run them underwater and they expand!


VoilĂ !


Theo didn't have any seizures today! Three days in a row!

Thursday, November 3rd:

Theo went back to school today and he did great! 

[Knicks on his foot from the IV he had during his hospital stay]

While Theo was at school I went and got my allergy shots and my bloodwork done.



I cheated on my diet and bought Extra Toasty Cheez-Its... and then I dropped them. I guess it was a sign.


Josh got a call from his mom letting him know that Grandma Judy wasn't doing well. They said she may not make it though the weekend. I told Josh that he had to go see her. As he was driving home I started packing him a bag. He came home, grabbed the bag, and headed north. 

He arrived 8 hours later and met his family at his Grandma's nursing home. 

Theo had one seizure today. His three day streak was broken.

Friday, November 4th:

Theo went to school again today and had a great time! He was a little sleepy, but he worked hard while he was awake.

[Oh yes, Theo is VERY thankful for his iPad!]

While Theo was at PT I went over to the jewelry store to see how the ring was coming along. 

We are getting the opal mounted in a band and then it will be surrounded by another ring with four bands (two of the bands have diamonds).


[Its not completely straight because it's not finished. Don't worry!]

I'm so excited to see it in a few weeks when it is all done!

Josh called and told me that his Grandma passed away peacefully today. She was surrounded by loved ones and she is no longer in pain. She will be missed ❤️

[Grandma and Theo]


[Suzi, Josh, Theo, Grandma Judy, and Grandpa Joe at Theo's first birthday party]

[At our wedding]

My heart goes out to the family and I hope they will feel comforted.

Theo had one seizure today.

Weekend:

Theo and I didn't go anywhere this weekend. Theo is still pretty tired so he napped a lot, but when he was awake he stood in his stander, sat in his chair, and played with his toys.

I got another shipment of Harry Potter wands. Don't they look awesome?!









[Theo LOVE The Goofy Movie!]

[He loves Mary Poppins too!]

[Such a good waver]


Theo was super tired when he was in his stander. I told him if he lifted his head up "super strong" to could go take a nap. He was VERY motivated! 



[Super strong!]

Over the weekend I worked on my blogs from our Europe trip (some have already posted - go check them out) and then I cleaned out the pantry. At the very back I found these expired noodles and rice. Ugh! I texted Theo's aid to see if they could use them at school (remember macaroni art?). She said they could make sensory bins with them! YAY! I'm glad I didn't have to throw them all away.


This week also ended our Third Annual Walkathon to raise awareness for VOGM!

I am beyond grateful to the people who took the time to post their picture on social media to show their support for Theo and the other VOGM warriors.








Thank you so so much for helping us raise awareness!

I also appreciate those who donated. That money will go to help kids get to doctors who can help them. It is very much appreciated!

Am I the only one that likes it when it gets lighter earlier? We are up so early around here. I just hate waking up in the dark (which we still do but for not too much longer!).



[This is me]




[This needs to stop. Now.]

No comments: