Saturday, February 4, 2023

A Cold Week and a Comet Hunt

Monday, January 30th:

It was COLD this week! I had to send Theo to school with his Antarctica blanket everyday! 

The wind was pretty nasty on Monday and Tuesday, so I made sure Theo's face was covered as I rolled him out to the bus.



Theo's aid, Ms Jess, said that Theo was in a really great mood and worked super hard!


After school I took Theo to PT. He was tired, but in a pretty good mood!

The only nice thing about the cold weather is the clear sky. We took advantage of this and drove out into the cornfields to see if we could see C/2022 E3 (ZTF) aka "The Green Comet." 

[Theo was ready to see the comet!]

We drove out away from the city and found a nice, quiet, dark road to park on. The moon was directly overhead but we could still see the Big and Little Dipper very clearly. There were a lot of stars between them, but we couldn't tell which one was the comet. We sat and stared out the window until Theo got restless and decided it was time to go home.


You guys remember Hale-Bopp? I don't know if we will ever see another comet like that in my lifetime, but I hope we will!

Theo had five observable seizures today.

The next morning (Tuesday, January 31st) it was -2 when we got up and only 1 degree when I put Theo on the bus!

[Theo takes the best bus naps when he is all bundled up!]

[Ice on my Christmas pots]

While Theo was at school Josh had a play-date with Lucas 🙂

They took over the garage and made a lot of noise! After a few trips to the hardware store (and some angry words) they were able to rebuild Lucas' snowmobile trailer. Looks pretty solid, huh?!


After school I took Theo to OT. Theo gets so excited, kicks his legs, and squeals every time we head into the clinic. He just loves Ms Laura and her big swing!

[Theo being super strong!]

[Does anyone want to get these for me?!]

Theo had six observable seizures today.

Wednesday, February 1st:



It's Rare Disease Month and February 28th is Rare Disease Day. We celebrate these brave warriors!

Before I put Theo on the bus I received a message from Theo's teacher. His aid and the school nurse wouldn't be at school today. She asked if I could come and feed Theo. I told her that wasn't a problem! 

I had enough time to get in a work out and then get ready before I headed to the school. When I arrived I found Theo napping.

[Isn't he the sweetest?!]

His PT told me that he worked hard with her (she had him in the stander) and then got tired after their session. Theo woke up after I gave him his first dose of food. It was time for their lesson, so the timing was perfect. Theo's teacher passed out papers and then they talked about the different seasons. She then came over to Theo and had him pick out what the weather is like in the different seasons. Theo then helped Ms. Kate cut out his choices by pressing a button which activated scissors. It was fun to see him participating in the lesson with his other classmates!

While I was in Theo's class I noticed some cute Valentines Day art hanging on the wall. One of the aids asked me if I could tell which one was Theo's. I took a close look and noticed that all of the Valentines were made out to "Mom" except one that was made out to "Dad." BINGO! That's Theo! He just LOVES his dada!

After I fed Theo I headed home. Theo came home on the bus a few hours later and then he had feeding therapy at home with Ms. Jen.

Theo had seven observable seizures.

The next morning, February 2nd, I got a message from Theo's teacher asking me if I could come feed Theo again. Of course I can!

When I got to the school Theo was confused and thought I was there to take him home. I fed him his food, gave him a kiss, and told him I would be back in a few hours to get him.

After school I took Theo to OT. On our way home I told Theo that dada was at home waiting for him and he got VERY excited!

[Art from school]

Theo had four observable seizures toady.

Friday, February 3rd:

We got Theo sent off to school and then Josh and I went to run some errands. It was freezing cold, so it was nice to have Josh drop me off at the front door of my appointments 🙂 After I got my allergy shots we went and got brunch. We have been trying to go on a day date every week, which has been fun, BUT we have been striking out with each new restaurant we try. Oh well, at least we get to spend some quality time together!

Theo had another great day at school and stayed awake during his entire PT session!

After we got home I had Theo sign his Valentines Day cards for his cousins and classmates. There are a lot of them, but Theo signed them all with his dad's help!



[It's like Splash Mountain all over again!]

Theo had six seizures today.

Saturday, February 4th:

We spent most of the day getting all packed up for our trip to Chicago.

Theo has outgrown his adaptive chairs. Back in November we took him to get measured for a new one but they aren't here yet. I don't want Theo to be on the floor too much, so we bought him this camping chair. I showed it to Theo and said, "Look Theo! Mama got you a new chair!" and Theo said, "Dada?" Oh child! 

He really likes it!



It's not perfect, but it should hold him over until his new Rifton Activity chair shows up!

Theo had one observable seizure today.

No comments: