Sunday, February 19, 2023

Valentines Day and Start Triathlon Training

Monday, February 13th:

Today I officially started my triathlon training! My plan calls for 8 workouts a week over 6 days (Friday's are rest days). It's right in line with the workouts I have been already doing so that will make the transition easier.

After we put Theo on the bus I headed out on my new bike. It was chilly so I had to wear gloves and a jacket. The bike is faster, but it's very light, so it's easy to get blown off course when a big gust hits you. I stayed out for about an hour since it was just too chilly.


Theo had a great day at school and brought home a Valentine for his favorite guy!

[SOOO cute!]

Theo had two observable seizures today.

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!


Josh got me the LEGO Millennium Falcon, the new Harry Potter game, and a road bike. And I got him a card and two packs of Andes Mints. He's claims it's even because the LEGO Millennium Falcon and Harry Potter game are for when we host my brothers for Star Wars Celebration AND the bike is for training, not fun 🤷‍♀️


After we put Theo on the bus we went to the Hive to pick up our order of 75 cake pops. We took 50 of them to the school, so the teachers, aids, front desk ladies, etc could all feel the love on Valentines Day! 


We then went and found Theo's class. They were in the gym having circle time. The PT and Vision Therapist were both there along with all the kids and aids. Josh and I then did a short lesson on how to g-tube feed Theo. We asked Theo's Pediatrician to send in a fax indicating that the nurse, CNA, aids, and teachers can all feed Theo after they've been trained. This way if the nurse and Ms Jess happen to be gone on the same day, someone else can feed Theo. 

Speaking of feeding... The ate half of this food pouch at school! We are all so excited!


[AWWW!]

Theo got a lot of fun treats from his classmates and from his family.



After school I took Theo to OT where we passed out more of the cake pops to all the therapists.

Theo had seven observable seizures today.

Wednesday, February 15th:

Theo had another great day at school and I finished two training series on iFit that I've been working on for a while. One was a 12 week strength training series that I LOVED! I'll definitely do it again.

[This is awesome!]



After school Theo had feeding/speech therapy with Ms. Jen. We talked about his progress with food and brushing his teeth 🙂

Theo had five observable seizures today. 

HAPPY QUANTUMANIA DAY!

Ms. Jess sent me a video of Theo laughing so hard that he gasping for air! I think it's safe to say he had a very fun day at school!

[Theo with his Mardi Gras party hat]

That night I went to see Quantumania! It was awesome!

Theo had five observable seizures today.

The next morning (February 17th) we sent Theo to school and then ran some errands (since it was my rest day). It's nice to hang out with Josh during the day. He's likely going back to work at the beginning of March, which is good, but it's been nice to have him around more!

After school Theo went to PT.

He had four observable seizures today.

Over the weekend we played a lot of Hogwarts Legacy (the new Harry Potter game) and relaxed at home. I did some long workouts too. 


[Like father like son]

Theo outgrew his adorable REI pants that I bought him for our trip to Europe! This kid needs to slow down!

We ordered Theo a new activity chair back in November, but it could still be four more months before it arrives. A local family was selling their activity chair, so we bought it to hold him over for the next few months. 



I think it's going to be great!


So happy in his relaxing chair!


Floor naps!


Theo had five observable seizures on Saturday and two on Sunday.

No comments: