Sunday, September 3, 2023

Theo Dermatologist, Pocketing, and Flowers!

We've been watching Hurricane Idalia pretty closely. Luckily, for us, it looks like there should be minimal impact to Orlando. I hope everyone in the Big Bend stays safe!


Monday, August 28th:

Josh's project in Elmurst is going to be reaching a climax this week. They are going to be working long hours, so they can do hot tie-ins and get gas on the line by the end of the month. Josh left for work before Theo got up at 5:30 PM and he'll be home after Theo goes to bed. 

Theo had a great day at school. Ms. Jess said he worked really hard and even took a nice power nap.



After school I took Theo to a dermatology appointment. He has rough, bumpy skin on his legs and arms. The dermatologist said it was just an overgrowth of keratin and he should grow out of it. But she gave us some lotion that will also help.

Jess' parents had a bunch of extra peppers, so they gave them to us! Josh is very excited to try the ghost peppers, but I won't let him cook them in the house!


The had nine observable seizures today.

Tuesday, August 29th:

Happy birthday Andie! 

After I put Theo on the bus I went to run a bunch of errands: eyebrows waxed, allergy shots, Costco, and Jewel Osco. By the time I got home and unloaded the car I had to leave again to go pick up Theo.

He had a great PT/OT session at High Hopes! 

Josh worked late due to hot tie-ins. Its dangerous, but pretty cool to see!




[A lot of people were there to observe]

Theo has figured out that he can pull the tubes out of the machine. Such a stinker!


Theo had six observable seizures today.

Wednesday, August 30th:

I put Theo on the bus and then he showed up back at home just a few hours later due to early-release-day. Luckily, when he got home he took a good nap and was ready for Ms. Jen when she showed up a few hours later.

We decided to try lemon pudding with coconut cool whip today. Theo has been really good about taking big bites, but over the last few days he started "pocketing" (aka "chipmunking"). He stores food in his cheeks and won't swallow it. We've been stroking his neck and rubbing his cheeks, but he is being super stubborn. 


Theo had two observable seizures today.

Thursday, August 31st:

Happy birthday mom! I hope you like all the pictures and frames we got you!


After I sent Theo to school I watered the plants and then headed north to my yearly Allergist appointment.

The flowers got off to a rough start, but most of them were able to recover nicely. A few of the flowers in the smaller pots didn't make it, but I'm pretty sure it was because of the five baby bunnies that are living in our yard.




They are such a pest, but they are SOOOO cute!




My yearly meeting with my allergy doctor went great! She is going to increase my shot dose again and I need to keep coming in once a week. She also told me to start taking Xyzal and she prescribed a rescue inhaler for when my chest gets tight. It only happened once last year during the harvest, but it was a little uncomfortable. The inhaler should help if that happens again. 

After the allergist I took Theo to OT. He was so excited when we got there! He just loves Ms. Laura and he loves to swing!

Theo had 11 observable seizures today.

Friday, September 1st:

Theo had another great day at school, but Ms. Jess said he is still pocketing his food. Ugh!

After school we took Theo to Ms. Becca's house so he could swim with Ms. Cody. He had a great time and was sad when he had to get out of the pool.

Theo had 16 observable seizures today.

Weekend:

Josh had off Saturday, Sunday, and Monday for Labor Day! A three day weekend in his line of work is almost unheard of! 

We went on a family outing to Costco and then we all got our flu shots. 

Theo had four observable seizures on Saturday and three on Sunday.

[I'm so excited for Tommy's new series!]

[I think this would look awesome on my van!]

No comments: