Sunday, August 27, 2023

HOT WEEK!

This week was a very HOT week. It was awful and I'm glad it's cooled down now.



Monday, August 21st:

Josh headed to work while Theo rode the bus to school. He still loves the bus and waves at it when he sees it approaching. It's adorable!

[I guess Theo is ready for a Disney cruise!]

Theo had a great day at school! Everyone was so excited about his energy!

[I don't know how people can live in The South where it is like this all summer]

Josh is loving our new air fryer! He's gotten really good at preparing the salmon and asparagus! 


Theo had eight observable seizures today.

Tuesday, August 22nd:

After I sent Theo to school I headed into the basement to workout. Then I went to get my allergy shots and to run a few errands. One of my favorite places to wander around on a hot day is Costco!

[Look! It's my boy!]

Theo's physical therapists (Ms. Cody and Ms. Becca) and occupational therapist (Ms. Laura) got together and decided to co-treat one day a week. I'm so excited since it will give us a day off from therapy once a week.

Theo was LOVING all the attention and kept looking over at me to make sure I was watching him. He was very proud!



Theo had six observable seizures today.

Wednesday, August 23rd:

Theo headed off to school, Josh went to work, and I had a doctors appointment today. That afternoon Ms. Jen came over for feeding therapy. Ms. Jeannine Zoomed in and Theo did really well!

That night was the first Republican debate. Of course I watched. But I'm still annoyed that our election season is two years long 🤦‍♀️



I think we should all fly out to LA for this!



AND it looks like our Wednesday was even hotter than predicted! Thursday is supposed to be even hotter! And Morris (the hottest place on the map) is where Theo goes to school.



Theo had 18 seizures today. I don't know if the heat had anything to do with it. He had a few big clusters at school.

Thursday, August 24th:

After I put Theo on the bus I headed to Morris for my dental appointment. Everything looks great! 

Next, I headed to the dermatologist for my yearly full body examination. Everything looks good there too!

They have been working on communication at school. The ipad at school has a cool app where they can set up choices for Theo.


[Frozen vs Wheels on the Bus]

Theo hasn't been taking very long naps at home and with his increase in medication I was sure he'd have a hard time napping at school. Ms Jess set him up in the "quiet area" and made him all cozy. She said he slept for about an hour!


I told her I would send his headphones to school with his white noise and they can give those a try too.



After school we went to OT and Theo had a lot of fun! While we were there we received our first quote for Theo's bathroom renovation. I think I'm gonna be sick 😭

Theo had six seizures today.

Friday, August 25th:

After Theo got on the bus I headed to my favorite store, REI, to get some new boots and warm socks for our Iceland trip.


They are very comfy and will keep my feet warm and dry!


Theo colored a picture for his BFF! It's adorable!


After school I took Theo to PT at the pool! He still loves it!

Theo had 11 observable seizures today.

Weekend:

Luckily for us Josh only had to go into work for a few hours on Saturday. He had some LONG and hot days in the field this week. He definitely deserves a break!


[Tonies and toys]

[Seriously 🤣🤣]

Sunday night I had a conference call with my brothers so we could talk about our sibling trip to Japan in April 2025! It's gonna be awesome!

No comments: