Monday, January 1, 2024

Christmas 2023 and New Years 2024

Saturday, December 23rd: Happy Festivus for the Rest of Us!


I updated our old quarantine checklist and hung it on the wall. Gotta make sure we stay on top of Theo's activities while he's out of school.


Josh worked on the Jeep. It was giving him a lot of grief, but after working on it for a few days he said he got it running like new!



Christmas Eve:

We continued the tradition of having Mexican food (from Missy's family) and watching The Muppet Christmas Carol. Josh wasn't feeling the Muppets so we compromised by just watching the singing parts 🙂

[Chicken quesadilla and guacamole]



Merry Christmas! 

We started the morning with pigs in a blanket and eggs.


Then Theo opened his present.


Again, he acted like it was torture. He likes to play with the paper after the gift is open. He's just not into unwrapping the present.



He got more horseback riding lessons with Sherman! Thanks Santa, Grandma, and Papa!


We then FaceTimed with my whole family! It looks like they all had a great Christmas!


I got a couple of books and Josh got a few new video games. We decided not to give each other extra presents since going to the NBA and NFL games counted as our Christmas 🙂

For dinner Josh made gouda mac-n-cheese and Wagyu steaks. Everything was delicious!





I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas!

Tuesday, December 26th:

I took Theo to PT while Josh went to get his blood drawn for his life insurance policy. That afternoon we went and saw Sherman! Theo did great! He was so relaxed I think he dozed off for a few minutes.




Wednesday, December 27th:

Theo and I went to OT and Josh headed to Lucas' house for a few days for their annual bonfire. Lucas even got these beanies made!


After OT Theo and I drove out to Ottawa to see Dr. Lin and nurse Jenna with Neurosurgery. They like us to check in once a year so they can keep updated with his progress and check on his shunt. They were very happy to hear that Theo's VNS is working well and that he has been doing better at school since weaning off of the Clobazam. 

Thursday, December 28th:

I took Theo with me to get my allergy shots. The poor kid gets so nervous just being in the doctor's office. I told him it was for me and that he wasn't getting any pokes. I don't think he believed me until we left.

Ms. Jess gave Theo a bunch of little instruments for Christmas. He LOVES the tambourine! It can make so much noise!


Friday, December 29th:

Theo and I hung out at home and then went to PT in the afternoon. Josh got home from his trip to see Lucas. He was only gone for two nights, but Theo was VERY excited to see him! And for the record, I told Josh he could take longer trips, but he doesn't like to be away from us for too long 🙂

[Theo doesn't like to show it, but he does love Superbear]

Saturday, December 30th:

We are done with Theo's doctor's appointments for the year. That means it's time to file his paperwork in the basement. This has been quite the year!


Sunday, December 31st:

We finally got snow on New Years Eve! We stayed in, played video games, watched football, and ate sushi.


No comments: