Sunday, January 7, 2024

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

We stayed pretty busy during our final week of Christmas Break. Theo went to PT twice, OT twice, Horseback riding lessons once, and feeding/speech once. I worked on our end of life plans and updated Theo's medical history. Josh and I also worked super hard to get the house ready for Theo's bathroom remodel. It's going to be a huge project, but we are ready!

[Theo learned how to pump his legs in the swing at PT!]

[I swear if another dictator ruins my trip I'm going to be really mad!]

[🤣🤣]

Theo's OT asked if I had a copy of Muppet Christmas Carol (she doesn't have Disney Plus) she could borrow. I thought I had a DVD, but it turns out I only have a VHS! Classic!


I've been working hard to get our affairs in order. It's grim to think about, but you have to have a Will, a plan, and life insurance!


Last time I donated a power red I ended up with a nasty migraine. I figured if I got another migraine then it was more than a coincidence and I should just go back to donating one pint at a time. This time I took iron supplements, ate a lot of protein, and drank a ton of water with electrolytes in the three days leading up to my donation. The donation went smooth and I got a little headache that night, but no migraine! I did get cold, but I brought a blanket which helped! YAY! See you in 112 days, Red Cross!


On January 6th we finally got some snow! It was the perfect amount!



[Theo loves his toys!]


Demolition starts tomorrow (January 8th) on Theo's bathroom, his bedroom, and the powder room. Essentially we are combining Theo's bathroom and the powder room to make one giant wheelchair accessible bathroom.

We are also moving Theo's bedroom door from the tiny hallway to the main entry area (currently where that little coat closet is).

BEFORE PICTURES:

[Main Entry Area - Coat closet, archaeology nook, and powder room]

[Powder room]

[I'm going to miss my archaeology nook]

In Theo's room we are going to make his bathroom door wider and move his bedroom door.

[Theo's room]

The vanity, toilet, tub, and walls are getting taken out.

[Theo's bathroom]


Since construction is going to happen in Theo's bathroom, the powder room, Theo's bedroom, and the main entry area, we moved everything we could onto the dining room table and covered it with plastic.



Josh removed all the hardware and we moved Theo into the Harry Potter guest room.


[Putting bedrails on the guest room bed for Theo]


FINAL PICTURES BEFORE THE DEMO:





[Theo's new door will be where the Millennium Falcon is]



We covered as much as we could with plastic. Hopefully it'll help with the dust.


Wish us luck!

[Love this!]

No comments: