Sunday, February 11, 2024

The Tile Guy is Here!

Wednesday, February 7th:

I don't know why, but I had a really rough few days adjusting back to life in Chicago. Vegas is only a two hour time change, so it shouldn't take that long to get over. I don't get it, but hopefully it won't take too much longer to adjust. 

While Theo was at school Ms. Jess sent us this picture:


I guess Theo doesn't listen and he is proud!

Theo and his school friends were able to play in a ball pit with Mr. Frank during P.E. It looks like they had fun!



The Chargers are going to have a great season!


The tile guy made a lot of good progress today!



After school Theo had feeding therapy with Ms. Jen. Ms. Jess said he had a lot of his food pouch at school today, so we focused on stars during feeding therapy. Theo had two stars and was able to eat larger pieces. We are moving forward!

Theo had five observable seizures today.

Thursday, February 8th:

Josh and I put Theo on the bus and then headed north to Naperville. We swung by Floor and Decor to get a few things for the tile guy, got my allergy shots, and then went to Costco.

Costco got rid of their churros and replaced them with these giant cookies. I think I had the churros once and didn't think they were that great, so I wasn't sad when they opted to get rid of them. I do LOVE the Costco cookies from the bakery, but I never buy them because I don't need 12 chocolate chip cookies in my house! I was hoping the cookie they would be selling at the food court was the same one from the bakery, but they aren't. These are giant cookies, about the size of the ones from Crumbl, but they aren't nearly as good as Crumbl. Oh well, it's probably for the best.


After school we took Theo to OT with Ms. Laura. While we were there Josh got a call from work. They needed him to go out and inspect some pipe that was at a yard in northern Illinois as well as northwest Indiana. He said he could do that, so they reactivated his contract and sent him more info on where he would be going.


That night the Lakers had an unveiling ceremony for Kobe's statue.


There was a lot of speculation on which pose they would pick. I personally would love the jersey tug, jersey bite, the fist pump celly, or something with his classic scowl. 


The ceremony was super cool! Vanessa Bryant, Phil Jackson, Derek Fisher, and others spoke while there were tons of former teammates in the audience. 


Vanessa said that Kobe will have THREE statues, but only one will be revealed tonight. She also said that Kobe picked the pose, so if you don't like it too bad!

They revealed the statue and it's perfect! It's Kobe's pose from January 22, 2006 when he scored 81 points against the Raptors.





They added his daughters names on his forearm and I thought that was great!


They said one of his other statues would be of him and Gigi and the other one would be a pose from his #24 age. I can't wait to see them!

Theo had nine observable seizures today.

Friday, February 9th:

Josh left early in the morning for work while I got Theo ready for school and on the bus. 

[More volcanic activity on Iceland]

Josh went to two different yards to examine pipe. Some had been sitting there for years and they were very rusty, so Josh didn't approve them for use.



The tile guy was able to get the floor tiles glued down and then he started working on the black hexagons in the shower.



After school I took Theo to PT. He had 5 observable seizures today.

Weekend:

Empire released some awesome photos to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Star Wars Episode I. Here's my favorite:


It's reminiscent of this one from 25 years ago:


The tile guy came on Saturday and Sunday. The tile on the bathroom floor and the tile in the shower floor are all glued down! He got the shower wall half way placed as well as the caps on the 1/2 walls.



I didn't realize that tile is such a long and tedious project, but it'll be worth it! Right?!

We did watch the Super Bowl, but neither of us cared about the outcome. I can't root for the Chiefs, but I'm fine if Taylor Swifts boyfriend wins. I really enjoyed the commercials and the halftime show! How can you not be entertained with Usher on rollerblades and when Alicia Keys, Ludacris, and Lil John show up?!


No comments: