Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving and The Muppets

I was gone in Tucson (see here and here) for a week and a half before Thanksgiving. When I finally got back home to Cedar City, the fridge was FULLY stocked with Thanksgiving food.

[The 10 Pound Turkey]

[The Food to Prepare]

[Josh Getting the Turkey Ready]

[The Finished Turkey]

[Josh Carving]

[The Feast: Stuffing, Gravy, Turkey, Mashed Potatoes, Rolls, and Homemade Strawberry Rhubarb Pie]

We spent the day eating our feast and watching football. The food turned out great! For our first Thanksgiving together I think we did a great job!

I informed Josh that my family has a tradition of going to the movies on Thanksgiving. We were too involved in the games to pull ourselves away so we decided to go to a movie on Friday instead.

When I was a kid I was in love with The Muppets. I would watch The Muppet Show and Muppet Babies almost everyday. Can you guess what movie I dragged Josh to see?!

That's right!!


And it was well worth seeing. There were a lot of inside jokes from the previous Muppet Movies and The Muppet Show BUT even if you didn't grow up with the Muppets like I did you will still enjoy it. Just keep in mind that it's super cheesy and embrace it!

Well, I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving like I did! I am so thankful for my family, my friends, my job, my country, and, of course, my man who makes me smile every day!

1 comment:

Allison said...

I am all about the Muppet Christmas Carol! Way to go on the turkey--I haven't found the courage to try one of those yet...