Sunday, April 21, 2013

Spring Thaw Vacation: First Week In CA

Just a few days after Josh and I arrived in CA my mom and Luke headed out to Canada to visit my Grandma. 

On Saturday night Josh, my dad, and I went to an Angels game. We had great seats and the Angels won!







Josh started his NACE 2 class Sunday morning. From then until Friday he was either in class or studying like crazy!


While Josh was studying, I was able to keep busy and entertain myself : ) Don't you worry!

I ended up spending a lot of time with my cousin Tiersha and her adorable baby Charlotte!

On Monday, we went to Sprinkles to get their new ice cream and classic cupcakes! YUM! After that we walked around Fashion Island. You can't go wrong with an outdoor mall in Southern CA that overlooks the ocean.

[Red velvet cupcake with vanilla ice cream in the middle]

On Tuesday, I babysat Charlotte. She was so cute and so good! I wanted to get a picture with my phone of the two of us but every time the phone was pointed in our direction, she tried to grab it. Silly baby!

[My attempts to get a picture]



[Finally I put her down and got a good one]

On Wednesday I went to Wahoo's Fish Taco to get the BEST FISH TACO'S IN THE WORLD and to visit with my old friend Adam! We have known each other for a LONG time (15 years?!). It was so nice to chat and catch up on life.

On Thursday I went to The Market Place (formerly known as The Tustin Market Place). It was gorgeous outside so I just walked around and ate In-n-Out burger. After walking around for a few hours, Tiersha and Charlotte came and picked me up and we headed to Disneyland where we met up with some of our other cousins. It is so fun to be able to see my family! My cousins rock!

[My Disneyland outfit: shorts, Rainbows, shirt, and sunglasses]

[I really want this shirt that they have at Disneyland. It has Darth Vader and his Stormtrooper on the Carousel and the quote below it says, "This will be a day long remembered." LOL!]

Friday morning Josh went to take his NACE 2 test. He won't get the official results for two weeks but he is positive that he passed with flying colors! I hope he is right!

After Josh finished his test we went to the Irvine Spectrum to get Cold Stone Ice Cream, go ring shopping, and to see my friend Jamie and her boyfriend, Jason. Jamie and I went to High School and College together and it was fun to be able to catch up with her and Jason. 

On Saturday Josh and I went to Fashion Island to walk around. It wasn't too exciting except for the fact that I found this Swiss Chocolate store that had AMAZING chocolates! It was a highlight for me!

 


So far our vacation has been great! I just love being here : )

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ring shopping yay!!! Looks like you guys are having lots of fun. Your family photos turned out amazing! Miss you. :-*

Allison said...

SO JEALOUS of your lovely CA visit :)