Friday, May 10, 2013

Spring Thaw Vacation: Wisconsin

The trip from South Dakota to Wisconsin was hard for me. I drove for the first 5 hours and then Josh took over for the rest of it. I was uncomfortable. My allergies were/are still bad. My stomach was hurting and I just couldn't relax because I was in pain. I tried to take a nap but that just made my muscles cramp.

What made it even harder was the fact that there was TWO feet of snow on the ground in southern MN and then it was snowing/raining as we passed through central/northern MN. I think it just made my mood worse. I'm so sick of the cold and being cold.





I was, however, excited to see Josh's family since we haven't seen them since Christmas!

Since my allergies were bad and because everyone we know that lives here has cats (I'm pretty sure they are the state animal or something), we decided to get a room at the local Super 8 (classy, I know). It's a lot better then I thought it would be, which is great because I spent my first two days in WI in the hotel room in a lot of pain.

Josh is such a great boyfriend. Have I said that before? Well, I should say it more often! He really is a great guy! While I was crying and in the fetal position he took care of me and made sure I had plenty of tissues, medications, and hot pads.



After a few days of that BS, I finally got to hang out with the family! We had a BBQ at Uncle "Shorty's" place and everyone was able to be there. The weather was perfect, the company was great, and the food was melt-in-your-mouth-amazing!

[The feast]


[Suzi, Cassidy, Kennedy, and Jess playing cards] 


[The grill]

The BBQ was delicious and a lot of fun. It's hard to all get together because we are adults with busy lives but we made it work!

Other Things That We've Done Since We Got Here:
Had dinner at Olive Garden with Josh's dad and step-mom, George and Julie

I took naps and a lot of medication

Saw 42 and Iron Man 3 (I highly recommend both)

Josh went to a BBQ with some old friends (I stayed at the hotel because I was sick)

Oh yeah, I registered my car in Wisconsin!


[Josh removing my CA plates]

[Swapping it out]

[Putting on the WI plates. Of course, I kept the Lakers license plate border!]

So far I have spent more time in the hotel then I have outside. I hate being sick. I don't think that WI likes me very much. 

*And thanks to everyone who commented on my last post and gave me suggestions for my allergy issues*

No comments: