Saturday, October 10, 2015

Last Day of Work

I started this job in September of 2013. When we first got on this job we were told it would be a year. We were VERY excited about that! It's hard and expensive to move so it's good to be on a job for more then six months. But once the job started we were told it would be about 4 months. Ugh. Give me a freakin break! 

Well, let me tell you something. Building a pipeline correctly, safely, while complying with environmental standards, and up to specs during the worst winter (polar vortex *shakes fist*) and the rainiest summer on record is HARD!

So it took a little bit longer then we thought it would. But hey! That works great for me! I ended up working on this job for 25 months straight. Josh was on this project for 15 months and then worked on a project in Illinois for 6 months. This was a great job for our little family.

My boss on this job already asked me to go with him on another job, which started last week in Oklahoma. I turned it down because I am tired, I need a break, and Josh and I are going on a Honeymoon! I am not putting that off again!

When we get back in January we will start looking for another project to go on.

Here is a map of all the gas and liquid pipelines in the US. I thought it was kinda interesting.

Funny things I had hanging up in my office:

It took me about a week to completely pack up the office (with Josh's help). I was the last one (which is typical of being an Office Manager) and I had two years worth of stuff to go through. Luckily, I am very organized and it wasn't too bad! This morning the rest of my office supplies and my files were taken to Michigan. I bought Starbucks to celebrate, said goodbye to the department down the hall, and then took off! 

Here's my end-of-the-project-with-an-empty-office-and-Starbucks selfie! This project has been fun, hard, entertaining, frustrating, enlightening, and stressful. I've met a lot of great people and made some amazing friends! We'll see you on the next one!


Honeymoon countdown: 28 Days!

1 comment:

Leslie Elaine said...

Wow, you deserve a break and a fantastic honeymoon!! Enjoy your days off :)