Friday, January 22, 2016

Carlson Honeymoon! Volume III: South Pacific Cruise, Part I: Cruise to New Caledonia

On December 5th we arrived back in Sydney! I love this city so much! 

Since we were staying on the ship for the next cruise we had the option of staying on the ship all day or getting off. We were given these "fast passes" so that if we did get off we could get back on without having to wait in the long line with all the new passengers. 

Of course we had to get off the ship! We had just spent two full days at sea and we had two full days at sea ahead of us!

Instead of docking at Circular Quay we docked at Darling Harbour. Josh and I jumped off the ship, went to Starbucks to use the free wifi and check our emails, and then we went to the mall to get more motion sickness pills and sunscreen.

I brought my Kindle when we came on this adventure because I knew that we would have a lot of down time. Josh is not a huge reader but I knew there would be a library on board where he could borrow books. I took Josh down there and convinced him to read the Harry Potter books! He was reluctant at first but then he got really into them! I started to get jealous of him so I decided that I needed to re-read the Harry Potter books (for the 10th time?!)!

We got our books and headed up on deck to read, drink pina coladas and to wave good bye to Sydney.

[My first pina colada of the cruise!]




Last time we cruised away from Sydney was at dark but this time we left early. It was fun to go under the Harbour Bridge and pass the Opera House during the day light. We stayed up on deck and took pictures as we left the famous Harbour.






During the next two days we ate, slept, relaxed, read in the cafe and up on deck, got massages (well, I did) and went to shows.

[Josh liked to read in the Cafe]

During the gala night we went to dinner at the Pinnacle Grill. We had delicious steaks and it was WAY better then the food served at the Le Cirque night.



Our first sunset in the South Pacific!



No comments: