Friday, June 10, 2016

Josh's Birthday and Our Anniversary

"Courtney's Homemade Lunchables"

Lunches for Josh are hard. He is working on a pipeline that goes through a city. So he could leave the ROW at lunch time and go get a sandwich or fast food, but that can add up and end up costing a lot of money. He used to take a sandwich every day (along with a tuna pack, a healthy snack, and a granola bar), but he started getting heartburn from the bread. So we started brain storming and we came up with a lunchable-type-thing. Instead of buying lunchables I would just buy everything in bulk and make them at home. Brilliant! So I would cut up the cheese and put 2 oz in a bag and then put 4 oz of deli meat in another bag and then put some crackers in another bag. Done and done! Josh seems to like them, he doesn't get heartburn anymore, and we are saving money!



Josh's 31st Birthday

We had a nice night in for Josh's birthday. I got some cake, ice cream, and wine and Josh brought home some Chicago pizza. Happy birthday Josh! I hope you enjoyed all your presents!






Just funny!

This election season is out of control so when I find things like this it makes me very happy!


Our Anniversary

I received an email from Marriott Rewards informing me that all our points were about to expire. We had a bunch of them since I stayed at a Marriott during the week of our wedding. So I decided to book a Marriott up in Chicago (close to Josh's work) for the weekend. I drove up there Saturday night and met Josh at the White Chocolate Grill for dinner. YUM! I got the salmon with steamed broccoli and Josh got the ribs and then we got desserts! Amazing!



After dinner we went back to the hotel where I fell asleep watching the NBA while Josh worked on his reports. Party people!



The next day we got up and went to the Chicago Outlets to go shopping. We are not huge shoppers but we had a fun time anyways :-)


That night we went to The Melting Pot for dinner and dessert. 







It was so much fun and the food was delicious! Good thing I got 140 extra WW points this week!




For our 1 year anniversary Josh got me these beautiful paper earrings and necklace. Apparently "cotton" is the 2 year anniversary present. So Josh cut some lace off my wedding dress (with permission, of course) and had it made into these:








I love them! Happy Anniversary to us!

No comments: