Friday, August 7, 2020

Theo's Last Week of Early Interventions and Theo's 3rd Birthday!

This week was Theo's last week of Early Interventions! I can't believe he has been in this program since April 2018. It's been hard, but so rewarding and I'm sure that Theo would have been so much more delayed if it wasn't for this program and our amazing (and patient) therapist. I will be eternally grateful for those 12 therapist who worked so hard for our little Theo. I was in tears this week when we said goodbye to Theo's Feeding/Speech therapist, Diane. She has been with us for so long that she knew Theo back when he was ACTUALLY EATING! Insane, right?! I'm glad she was able to see him at Toddler Class and over Zoom even once we moved to Minooka.

[Waiting for Diane for our final Zoom]

Even though Theo is graduating we will be continuing with OT, PT, Feeding/Speech, and Nutrition. I'm ready for Theo to start Preschool, but I know he still needs additional help.

Tommy Rivs is still in the hospital receiving Chemo for his lung cancer. He's on a ventilator and an ECMO machine. He still needs prayers, thoughts, feelings, and good vibes. 



On Monday, August 3rd, people came from all over the world to #RunForRivs. IFit paid out a dollar for ever mile ran. Even though I was only able to run a few miles for him, I'm still glad I was able to help.


We bought a mask for Theo and have been working with him at home. It's not going very well, but we will keep trying.


Finally got my Christian Waggoner "The Child" reflection piece hung in Theo's Star Wars room. It's perfect hanging next to the Mandalorian! 



[YES!! 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻 Let's do this!!]


After I finished my 1/2 Marathon I swore I would never do it again, but then this series popped up on my treadmill. Just because it's Rivs, I will do this series and run another 1/2 Marathon to see if my time improves. Wish me luck!


We celebrated Theo's 3rd birthday on Thursday, August 6th, since I was going to be out of town on his actual birthday. 

[Oh Theo... it's just a cupcake]




He wasn't too interested in his cupcake (go figure), but that's okay. More for me!




[THAT FACE!]


Happy birthday! We love you so much!


On Friday, August 7th, we went back to Hanger to get Theo's SMO's and AFO's.

[SMO's]



[SMO's with the AFO's and shoes!]

Our Clinician told us to have Theo wear the SMO's and AFO's for an hour the first day, two hours the next day, and so on. Theo's been tolerating them well and has been spending a lot of time in his stander!

No comments: