Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Trip to Florida - Part I: Crumbl and Animal Kingdom

Well, I did something a tad bit risky and a little hypocritical. I went on vacation during a pandemic.

Josh could tell I was at my breaking point. He knows me too well. So, he told his boss he would need a few days off work and then he called me to inform me that I needed to go on vacation. I decided at the last minute to join my parents, Missy, Tyson, Ryan, and my nephews in Florida for the weekend.  It was a great quick trip and it was nice to see family, see the house rental we just purchased, and visit the "Happiest Place on Earth!"

[Brady bought a Harry Potter wand. He's such a great kid!]

Josh and Theo took me to the airport on August 7th, right after Theo's AFO appointment. The flight was smooth and the flight was pretty empty. Missy and Tyson picked me up at the airport and we drove 40 minutes NORTH to Crumbl, so I could try their delicious cookies! BEST COOKIES EVER! It was 100% worth the drive! Thanks Missy and Tyson for taking me! 



After Crumbl, we drove an hour SOUTH to our new rental property where we were all staying. 

The next day (August 8th - HAPPY BIRTHDAY THEO) we slept in (when you get up every day to vent your son at 3:00 AM and then he wakes up at 5:00 AM for the day, 7:00 AM is sleeping in!) and then headed off to Animal Kingdom!




We got there right after the Park opened and headed straight to Pandora - The World of Avatar!



It was so magical! We went to my parent's favorite ride first: Avatar Flight of Passage! Cole was exactly 44" so he was tall enough to ride all of the rides! Not only were the lines short (it was HOT, HUMID, and we all had facemask on), but there were fans all through the line and once you got inside it was all AC, baby! We waited about 25 minutes (maybe) and then got on the ride. Okay, yes, that was super cool! I get why people wait HOURS for this ride!

[Tyson, Missy, Cole, Arlene (Mom), Brady, Dane, Ryan, and Rick (Dad)]

Next, we went on Na'vi River Journey, which was a nice little boat ride in the AC. Can't beat that! I didn't really understand what was going on, since I've only seen Avatar once, but it was still fun.


Next, we headed over to Africa to ride Kilimanjaro Safaris. 

[The characters were not doing any "meet and greets" but that didn't stop them from randomly rolling by on a boat or small float.]


We all jumped in our truck and headed out on a safari! 

[Me, Missy, Dad, and Brady]

[Hippos!]

[Giraffe]

[Zebra]

[Ankole-Watusi]

[Elephant]

[A very overprotective ostrich - she had eggs nearby]

[Lion]


[Me, Tyson, Ryan, Missy, Mom, and Cole]

[Brady and a giraffe]

After Safaris we went and got a nice cold treat and took a break. You can take off your mask only if you are sitting down AND eating and/or drinking.

[Dole Whip Float! YUM!]

[Tree of Life]


[Brady, Ryan, Dad, Mom, and Dane]

We then all went to a bird show. It was pretty awesome! We saw condors, chickens, ravens, and a lot of exotic birds.








Next, we headed over to Asia to ride Expedition Everest - Legend of the Forbidden Mountain! I was a little nervous about this one, but I decided to give it a go!






Dane and I sat in the FRONT row! What were we thinking?!






Oh no! Track is out! Time to go backwards in the dark! 🤮🤮


Everest was a ton of fun, but I knew that if we rode it again, Cole and I would be sitting out.


He was not a fan!


Next, we headed over to DinoLand USA to get some lunch. We had to order on our phones and then go get our food from a window when it was ready. I think this is a GREAT system and they should keep it like this even after the pandemic. 

[Dane and Ryan]

We then went on DINOSAUR. I was told that this ride was on the same track as Indiana Jones, but it was about Dinosaurs, not Indiana Jones. FYI Indiana Jones is my FAVORITE ride at Disneyland.

[Cole and Tyson]



[Ryan and Dane]


DINOSAUR was fun, but it's not Indiana Jones!

We then went to the TriceraTop Spin, which I GLADLY sat out. 




Well, that's it! We rode all of the rides! The group then decided they wanted to go on Everest again. Cole and I decided to go shopping instead! Cole helped me pick out a new shirt (did I mention that I forgot to pack shirts?!) and some treats for him and his brothers. It reminded me of 2017 when I was pregnant and Cole was too small to ride the rides. So, we just hung out together! 

[2017 - Splash Mountain]

[2020 - Everest]


We then went on Kali River Rapids! It was the best ride on such a hot day!

Our last ride of the day was, of course, Avatar! Missy and Cole sat that one out, since Cole said it hurt his tummy last time.





[Brady, Dane, Cole, Ryan, and me]

Even though we had to wear mask all day and we didn't get the "Full Disney Experience" (no character meet and greets, parades, or firework shows), I am glad we came. We didn't have to wait longer then 30 minutes to get on a ride. That alone makes the trip worth it!

No comments: