Monday, March 8, 2021

INI, COVID Test, Ear Procedure, ABR, Vaccine & Harry Potter Room

This week Theo's school went back to in-person learning FIVE days a week (up from four). I am so ready! Wanna guess how many days Theo attended this week?

Zero. That's just how it goes sometimes.

March is CP Awareness Month:

On Monday, March 1st, Ms Becca came over for PT.




After PT, Theo and I drove down to Peoria to see our Vascular Neurosurgery friends at INI. Nurse Julie chatted with us and then checked Theo's head. She is very happy with how he is doing and he will have an angiogram in November.


After we got home from Peoria, Theo watched some school videos and worked on homework.


[Thanks dad for helping!]

On Tuesday, March 2nd, I took Theo to OT. Right after his session we drove to the hospital in Ottawa so he could get a COVID test. He was NOT happy.




After Theo got his COVID test we had to quarantine. Theo spent the next two days doing school virtually. 



Funny story: When Indiana Jones first opened at Disneyland we waited in line for HOURS to ride it. Yes, this was before Fast Pass. When we finally got to ride it I was so scared that I closed my eyes for the ENTIRE ride. It's my favorite ride now, though.



We got more Tonies! Theo loves them all!




On Thursday, March 4th, I received a call from the hospital letting me know that Theo's COVID test was negative (YAY!), but his procedure was scheduled for 8:00 AM and they needed us at the hospital at 6:00 AM (UGH!). Sleeping in a hotel with Theo is not fun, but I had no desire to get up at 2:00 AM, so Josh, Theo, and I headed to our favorite hotel in Peoria for the night.

Friday, March 5th, was another long day at the hospital. 


[Kisses for his iPad]



[This kid is all over the place!]


Before the procedure we spoke to the ENT doctor. He informed us that he was going to check both of Theo's ears and he might replace both tubes depending on what he sees. After the procedure the Audiologist will come in and perform an ABR. 

We then met with the anesthesiologist. I told her that last time Theo had an outpatient procedure he woke up MAD and confused. She said that is super common, but she would try to give him something to help with that.

While Theo was in his procedure Josh and I watched the season Finale of WandaVision! It was AMAZING! I can't wait to see our Scarlet Witch in the next Dr. Strange movie in 2022!

After the ENT doctor was done we went into a conference room and spoke to him. He said that both of Theo's ears were pretty "clogged and gnarly" so he cleaned them out and replaced both tubes.

An hour later we met with the Audiologist. She said showed us his test results and she was very happy with how his hearing has improved. 

[ABR results from 3/5/2021]

[ABR results from 10/30/2019]

A few minutes later I got called down to recovery to see Theo. I brought him his iPad and the first thing he said when he saw me was "Dadadada?" It was so sweet.


Theo recovered quickly and wasn't angry at all! We were released from the hospital and made it home in time to jump on Theo's live school Zoom at 2:15 PM.


Saturday morning I headed to a local church for my Moderna COVID-19 vaccine. I was in and out in under 30 minutes (appointments are AWESOME). The system was perfect and the military was there to assist. I made an appointment to come back in one month for my second shot. WOOT!


[Valentine for Theo from cousin Teagan]

That night Andie and I hosted a Zoom Baby Shower for Kayleen (and Ryan) and baby Hayden. We had a few aunts and cousins join in. It was fun to see everyone and to get to know Kayleen a little bit more. We are so excited to meet her little one in just a few weeks!


Josh is in charge of "date night" which lately (due to COVID) just means he has to provide dinner on Saturdays. Sometimes he picks up Mexican or sushi and other times he will cook. I love it when he makes surf 'n' turf!


[😂]

It's a few months in the making, but we finally finished our Harry Potter guest room! I LOVE IT!


















It's my favorite room in the house!

No comments: