Monday, March 1, 2021

COVID Deaths and Rare Disease Day

On Monday, February 22nd, the United States recorded its 500,000th COVID-19 related death. It's so heartbreaking. I know a lot of people personally who have had COVID-19, but no one I know has passed away. I can't imagine my loved one dying alone in the hospital. Please wear a mask.

I qualified to get a vaccine in the early groups because I am the primary caregiver for someone with CP (and other medical issues). I sent in my application to the local county health department and it was accepted. I am getting my first Moderna vaccine on March 6th. I honestly can't wait.



[Just having a chat]

On Wednesday, February 24th, Ms. Becca came over for PT. Theo has been doing so well with his sitting and tolerating other people "helping" him.


Theo is going back to school five days a week starting next week and we BOTH can't wait!

[So over Zooms]

Theo has regressed a little with his feeding therapy. He is not as interested in playing with his coolwhip, so we went back to dry foods. 


Theo has been spending more time in his chair. As long as he gets to watch his videos, he will sit in his chair for a few hours at a time.



We took Theo on a scooter ride around the house. He did pretty well pushing with his right hand, but he was a little nervous.


On Friday, February 26th, Theo and I drove to Ottawa to see his Pediatrician for a pre-op check up. Theo was NOT happy about it. But he's cleared and deemed healthy enough to go under anesthesia (again). Theo is having a Myringotomy with vent tube insertion and an ABR on Friday, March 5th. We can't get that ear to clear up even after two rounds of ear drops and two weeks of antibiotics.


Over the weekend we caught up on some homework and worked on holding markers.



[My child sleeps in strange positions]

[More coloring]


We hooked up Theo's bluetooth button to his iPad and put it by his left hand. Anytime his music stopped he pushed the button with his left hand to get it to start again.


[Resting]




February 28th is Rare Disease Day. Here's my little superhero dressed up as Ironman and his superbear!



No comments: