Monday, April 19, 2021

A Pretty Normal Week

We had a pretty normal week around here. Just school and therapy for the most part and not too much to report.

It was sibling appreciation day (well, that's what Facebook said) AND it's been two years since I was at Star Wars Celebration with my brothers. It was such a fun few days with my fellow nerds!


On Wednesday, April 14th, Theo had PT. He was showing off a lot for his best buddies (Beat-bo, Rollin' Rovie, and Baby Yoda).


About a half hour after I dropped Theo off at school I got a call from the school nurse. She told me that Theo was REALLY crabby and the only way they could make him happy was by walking the halls and letting him listen to his music. They told me he didn't have any more scheduled therapies and if I wanted to come get him that wouldn't be a problem. They also said they could keep him there if I was busy. I told them I would come get him since he has therapy right after school and I wanted him to be happy before Ms. Jen came over for Feeding/Speech therapy.

This is what Theo looked like when I picked him up from school. He looks pretty pleased with himself, doesn't he?


That afternoon we had Feeding/Speech therapy with Ms. Jen. While Theo played with his food (apple sauce with Apple Jacks chunks), Jen and I talked about different communication devices.



Even though we celebrated on Sunday, April 15th was my parents 40th Wedding Anniversary! Aren't they too cute?!



April 15th is also Missys birthday! She's pretty awesome!


On Friday, April 16th, Ms. Becca came over for some more PT. Theo is getting better at going to the right. I hope he'll be able to roll over his right ear (on purpose) soon. *Fingers crossed*



In other news, I don't sleep well (never really have) AND Josh snores. It's a bad combo. We've tried a few different things, but none of them have worked. Josh decided to try the Smart Nora's 30 day free trial. When the device hears you snore it inflates a little pad that you put under your pillow. This is supposed to wake you up enough so you stop snoring, but it doesn't completely wake you up. We've had it for a few days and it seems like it's working. I'll keep you posted!


To help me sleep Josh bought me a Hug Sleep! It's like a swaddle, but for adults! It's awesome!

On Saturday, April 17th, Theo and I watched the funeral of Prince Philip. I don't know a whole lot about the Royal Family, but it did break my heart to see the Queen. They have been married for 73 years! I can't even imagine how devastated she is ❤️



Also on Saturday, I finished my second round of 1/2 Marathon training with Tommy Rivs. It was such a great program and it was even better the second time through! 


[This is very appropriate]

[My life revolves around FRIENDS references]
[Welcome to the Midwest in the spring]

[This will literally be me in December! Can't wait!]

No comments: