Monday, April 12, 2021

Spirit Week, X-Ray, and Parents 40th Wedding Anniversary

This week was Spirit Week at Theo's school. Tuesday, April 6th, was PJ day. Theo wore his Baby Yoda PJ top (it was too hot for the bottoms) and brought his Mandalorian Little Golden Book to school to share.


[I love his cute legs]

On Wednesday, April 7th, it was Character day. Theo had to dress like his favorite book character and bring a book that they are in to share.


He's R2-D2 of course!

[He's so sick of me taking pictures of him! Can you tell?!]

[Laughing at "Peek-a-Boo Barn" with Ms. Becca]

Theo has been having some tummy issues, so his doctor wanted an x-ray to see if he was backed-up. Josh, Theo, and I drove to Ottawa to get a late night x-ray, but the results are negative. So, it's back to the drawing board.


On Thursday, April 8th, Theo brought his favorite book to school to share with his friends. The "Little Blue Truck" is the best! 


[Holding onto the bar at OT]

[Laughing at "Peek-a-Boo Barn"]



On Friday, April 9th, I asked Theo's PT to check his carseat. Theo is still rear facing because his head and neck control is not where it should be. BUT he is really tall and that forces him to put his feet and legs on the seat back. Ms. Becca evaluated Theo and felt like it was time to turn him around to face forward. She is concerned about his legs being up above his pelvis. I agree with her. So, we flipped Theo around and went for a family drive that night.



[Not so sure]


We got Theo's school pictures! Isn't he so cute?!


[My new house shoes. Fancy, right?]

[Theo reading a book to Baby Yoda]

My parent's 40th Wedding Anniversary is on April 15th. We really wanted to throw them a big party, but, you know, the pandemic shut that down. So, we commissioned my friend Caitlin to paint them a picture of their first van on Balboa Island. We also wanted their wedding date and a nod to In-n-Out to be in the painting too. This is what she came up with:


I love how it turned out and I was so excited for my parents to see it. On Sunday, April 11th, my parents open their gift from us. Ryan, Kayleen, Hayden, Missy, Tyson, Brady, Dane, and Cole were all at their house and Luke, Andie, Porter, Kenna, Josh, Theo, and I watched via FaceTime.



[All the helpers]


We all LOVE it! 

I know it was a challenge (oil on canvas with palette knives), but Caitlin delivered! 


Happy 40th Anniversary mom and dad! Here's to many, many more!

No comments: