Monday, June 14, 2021

Extended School Year Starts!

Theo was off of school last week, but this week he starts Extended School Year (ESY). It's from 8:00 AM to 10:30 AM every week day at Theo's preschool. I'm bummed it's only for three weeks in June, but I'll take what I can get!

On Monday, June 7th, Theo and I went to his preschool to meet with his new nurse/aid. She is very nice and I think she will be great with Theo!

On Tuesday, June 8th, I went and got my first three (mold, dust mites, trees) allergy shots! I get to go once a week until told otherwise. 

Theo has been fighting sitting up on the floor. He sits in his chairs great, but he doesn't like the floor. So, we have been working on it more. I will put Theo on his bum on the floor (between my legs) and give him his favorite ball. He LOVES his ball so much that all he wants to do is lay on it and give it kisses. Oh, child!


On Wednesday, June 9th, I was getting Theo ready for his first day of ESY when I saw a school bus stop outside our house. I went outside and asked them who they were looking for. The nice lady said, "Theo!"  I told her that I was planning on having Theo ride the bus in the Fall, but not for ESY (since I was told they were short on resources and Theo requires a full-time aid). I also told her that Theo was in a wheelchair and that he will have an aid with him. She said that in the Fall they will definitely send a smaller bus for him (with AC!) that has a lift and tie-downs that will accommodate his wheelchair. YAY! I'm so excited!



I received a note from Theo's teacher and his nurse that he had a great first day!


Somehow I hurt my ankle. It's not swollen, but it's super sore. It's extremely frustrating and I'm not able to cycle or run right now.


I've been watering the plants twice a day, but sometimes we get a late afternoon rain so I don't have to water the plants! The only thing I hate more than gardening is wasting money. I am determined to make sure these plants live!


[Best friends! Theo loves his dad SOOOO much!]

It was HOT this weekend so I went to Starbucks and got a "Venti iced matcha latte with three pumps of chai with almond milk with sweet cream cold foam on top!" Thanks Emily for the recommendation! I'll be getting this again!
 

[Playing drums with dad!]


On top of my hurt ankle, I dropped a container on my big toe and it left a huge bruise. UGH! 

No comments: